Howdy, new Eastman owner
(02-02-2023, 10:12 AM)John A Wrote: So I did manage to find two minor complaints: 

1.  The pickguard is very sharply pointy right by the upper frets.  I filed it down and now it's fine.
2.  No strap button at the neck heel.  I installed a strap button.

it keeps sounding better and better to me.  Definitely a keeper, and I think has probably eliminated acoustic GAS for me.

1.  Eastman guards have come a long way (they used to be awful, and thankfully, those guards were not even pre-installed).   But I really wish they would bevel the edges.

2.  It's pretty common for new guitars not to include the strap button, which can get installed in various locations.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(02-02-2023, 12:44 PM)AlanSam Wrote: Welcome John, and congratulations! Pics would be good if possible.

Here you go …

[[Image: ehmQ6gG.jpg][Image: Fa8fyBB.jpg]

(02-02-2023, 06:06 PM)Pura Vida Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 10:12 AM)John A Wrote: So I did manage to find two minor complaints: 

1.  The pickguard is very sharply pointy right by the upper frets.  I filed it down and now it's fine.

it keeps sounding better and better to me.  Definitely a keeper, and I think has probably eliminated acoustic GAS for me.

1.  Eastman guards have come a long way (they used to be awful, and thankfully, those guards were not even pre-installed).   But I really wish they would bevel the edges.

2.  It's pretty common for new guitars not to include the strap button, which can get installed in various locations.

The sharpness of the pickguard caught me, um, off guard. Ouch. Not a problem for me to file it down a little, so one would think it wouldn’t be hard for the folks at Eastman. I’m aware that acoustics often don’t have a second strap button, having dealt with this before, but I always forget. I can’t play comfortably without a strap, you’d think I’d plan for this …

But these aren’t really complaints. They’re just small details to sort out.

(02-02-2023, 06:06 PM)Pura Vida Wrote:

The sharpness of the pickguard caught me, um, off guard. Ouch. Not a problem for me to file it down a little, so one would think it wouldn’t be hard for the folks at Eastman. I’m aware that acoustics often don’t have a second strap button, having dealt with this before, but I always forget. I can’t play comfortably without a strap, you’d think I’d plan for this …

But these aren’t really complaints. They’re just small details to sort out.
Pura Vida and sleigh like this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Eastman Owner Ker7275 10 2,226 09-25-2023, 06:40 PM
Last Post: pannick
  Eastman E20D MR TC - Seeking Owner Comments Richard Hauser 2 2,699 03-03-2023, 02:36 PM
Last Post: mike0609
  New Eastman owner - E8OM-TC Shadow 5 1,600 11-16-2020, 01:06 AM
Last Post: SasquatchLife