Emerald X30 with Hyvibe incoming
Well... as a fan of the advantages of carbon fiber acoustic guitars here in super dry Arizona, I have finally ordered an Emerald guitar.. specifically the X30 jumbo below.  It comes equipped with the incredible Hyvibe pickup system, which I am excited to try out.  I'll share more with EGF once it arrives and I've spent some time with it!

[Image: 918100013-copy-scaled.webp]
noah, sleigh, AlanSam, DonO, TomC like this post
congratulations Tim - I look forward to your review! You could take it out into the desert to play. I'd love to see the Sonoran and Mojave deserts (with or without musical accompaniment).
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
I spent some time looking at carbon fiber guitars for their stability and ruggedness, just never pulled the trigger. Can't wait to see your review.
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
Thanks Alan, Steve ... it's my second carbon fiber guitar, the other being a 12 fret Rainsong.

Stay tuned!  Should hopefully arrive this weekend.
So did it arrive and comments?
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
I will be posting a youtube video with a full review soon - stay tuned!
AlanSam and TomC like this post
Looking forward to it!
Alan
Hey gang - here's the review of the Emerald X30 with the Hyvibe system.  It's my first time attempting live review on camera, and the experience made me appreciate how much effort the great reviewers must put in!

I won't spoil it, you'll have to watch to find out if the X30 a keeper (or not)
noah and AlanSam like this post
I appreciate the honesty of your review, Tim, and sorry that the guitar isn't all that you wanted it to be.
noah likes this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
Good interesting review Tim. Bit of a bummer your hopes being dashed. Can I ask whether it is just a matter of 'projection' - was the tone to your liking? As a matter of interest how did your Rainsong's tone compare?
Alan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lâg Hyvibe THV10DCE Smart Guitar Review AlanSam 2 1,276 08-30-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: sleigh
  Emerald Carbon Fibre Guitar AlanSam 5 1,964 03-01-2021, 10:42 AM
Last Post: TomC