Eastman T58/V
This is my first hollow body guitar and my first with TV Jones Pickups. I could not be happier!

[Image: Jyg492E.jpg]

[Image: MQ8sjEf.jpg]

[Image: JO8Hwir.jpg]

[Image: XMywONf.jpg]

[Image: Km3gtrW.jpg]

[Image: 24Ulu3h.jpg]

[Image: g9hyqnz.jpg]
Don

2018 SB59/V
2018 T58/V
2018 T486-RD
Congratulations Don, that is one humdinger of an archtop... eat a peach.

Your pics are pro-level, the inside view must have been a sqeeze, look at the fab workmanship of Eastman luthiers.  I'm not familiar with the TV Jones pickups (or most pickups).  They look to sit on a plastic / acrylic (?) mount of some sorts, new tech for me.
Best wishes on a grand new insturment.
bert
Doth - looks fantastic... congratulations.  Eastman did a great job with the varnish and relic look.  Curious what style of music you plan to play with the guitar?  I'm not familiar with the pickups either... how do they sound?

Thanks for sharing the photos - I liked seeing the inside pics.
Thank you, Bert and Meathead.

Thank you for the compliments on the photos.  I just took them with my iPhone.  For the inside shot, I slipped it into the F hole and the photo came out surprisingly well.

Although I have seen and heard TV Jones on many guitars and records, I have never had a chance to play them.  They do attach with a plastic ring.  To my ears, they sound more like a single coil than a regular HB.  HB have a natural compression to them, which can be cool, but the TV Jones seem to lack most of that compression resulting an a very dynamic sound.  They have great response across the EQ range.  I am super impressed with them and quickly realized they can provide far more tones than the typical "Gretch" or "Rockabilly" sounds.
Don

2018 SB59/V
2018 T58/V
2018 T486-RD
Don, that's a fantastic looking guitar.  The varnished / relic look is stunning, and I hope it sounds as good as it looks.

TV Jones:  if they're good enough for Brian Setzer...  Smile

Too many great Eastman guitars!
Oh man---- seeing this makes my wallet hurt! I want one!

That is a very fine looking guitar Don. The TV Jones have that unique Gretsch sparkle and look perfect on it as well. Were you able to play it first in a shop, or did you find it on Reverb?
Congratulations!
Anderson
(05-04-2018, 09:13 AM)tamerlane Wrote: Oh man---- seeing this makes my wallet hurt! I want one!

That is a very fine looking guitar Don. The TV Jones have that unique Gretsch sparkle and look perfect on it as well. Were you able to play it first in a shop, or did you find it on Reverb?
Congratulations!
Anderson

My good friend is an amazing luthier and Eastman dealer in Los Gatos, CA.  He is Keith of Keith Holland Guitars in Los Gatos, CA.  I bought this and a SB59/V within a few weeks of each other.  They knew how much I was anticipating their arrival, so they called and I was able to play them first before making the decision.  Prior to these purchases, I ordered a T486, which ended up arriving after I purchased the SB59 and the T58.
Don

2018 SB59/V
2018 T58/V
2018 T486-RD
Don, welcome on board again.  You've caught what all of us have....

The Eastman Jones

Wink Heart Shy
For any Bay Area guitar fans, Eastman will be doing an event at Keith's store later this month.  Maybe Eastman can swing up to Watermelon Music in Davis, while they're in the area.  Smile

[Image: CqoVcI2.jpg]
(05-04-2018, 09:44 AM)Bert Wrote: Don, welcome on board again.  You've caught what all of us have....

The Eastman Jones

Wink Heart Shy

To say the least!

Thank you for the welcome!
Don

2018 SB59/V
2018 T58/V
2018 T486-RD