Eastman T386 Semi Hollow
(10-14-2017, 09:17 AM)Meathead Wrote: Hey Garcon... still not working unfortunately.  Sad

This looks like it might be a quick and easy alternative to share audio if you want to give it a shot
- https://clyp.it/

Thanks Meathead, that service looks interesting. I may have another place to post soon but if that doesn't pan out I will try it.

By chance did you try my link in a Chrome browser? When I click on it there are the expected audio controls but they look possibly Flash based or perhaps there is something that foils things if opened in a non-Google browser.

(10-14-2017, 09:17 AM)Meathead Wrote: SummertimeHey Garcon... still not working unfortunately.  Sad

This looks like it might be a quick and easy alternative to share audio if you want to give it a shot
- https://clyp.it/

Let me try a link to an image of my T486.

T486-BK

And I tried one more thing on the Google link to my MP3 audio. 

Summertime
Garcon
Garcon - the picture worked! The MP3 still no go for some reason..

Good looking 486 - is that wine red or purple color? Difficult to tell from the lighting..
(10-19-2017, 11:14 PM)Meathead Wrote: Garcon - the picture worked!  The MP3 still no go for some reason..

Good looking 486 - is that wine red or purple color?  Difficult to tell from the lighting..

Ok, one file works! I'll figure out something for tbe audio.

The T486 is just black (T486-BK). But it has a fairly thin finish which does sometimes almost  look like what is called transparent black. I guess the stronger the light, the more this comes out. My Sheraton is always just solid black.
Garcon
(10-19-2017, 11:14 PM)Meathead Wrote: Garcon - the picture worked!  The MP3 still no go for some reason..

Good looking 486 - is that wine red or purple color?  Difficult to tell from the lighting..

Meathead -- please try this link to the MP3 file... (fingers crossed)>

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw6X094...sp=sharing
Garcon
Here is my T386....I also have a SB59/V that is just amazing. Love these guitars!

[Image: 2u7w2lv.jpg]

My 59V

[Image: 1z5rx8m.jpg]
Welcome, nopicknick! Those are two stunning guitars. Love that classic color combo on the T386.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Thanks for the welcome. Glad to find this site too because I really appreciate these instruments.
(11-04-2017, 08:08 PM)nopicknick Wrote: Here is my T386....I also have a SB59/V that is just amazing. Love these guitars!

[Image: 2u7w2lv.jpg]

My 59V

[Image: 1z5rx8m.jpg]
Gorgeous! What does the 59v weigh? Is it similar to a Les Paul in tone and playability?
Garcon
Not sure of the weight, but it is pretty light for a "single cut" style guitar. I have owned a ton of guitars....I mean a ton. My 59v is head and shoulders above them all. Everything is perfect. I will be changing nothing on this guitar. A pure joy to play.
E10ss/v 02/23/23
SB55DC/v 03/15/23
I have a T145. Different beast than the semi models, of course. It's fully hollow, solid carved spruce top, single cutaway, and it's a nice guitar. It's actually louder acoustically than my Gibson J45. Totally different timbre, of course, much less bass response, but it's a ~2" thick archtop, so no surprise there. I've never been turned on by semis, but they are very popular. It's a matter of taste, and everyone has different preferences.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question: Replacement tuners for T486 Semi-Hollow? thescumalsorises 1 724 02-26-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: CaliJazzman
Question The warmer Eastman semi-hollow? demian 0 996 07-21-2023, 03:48 AM
Last Post: demian
  Hollow Eastman thinlines? NoiseFloor 4 2,725 04-28-2021, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pura Vida