Eastman Solid Body Guitars 2021
I read an interview with Pepijn t'Hart in Guitarist  (September 2020) magazine. He says 'Next year [2021] we will start shaking things up with our own-design solid bodies. From now on it's going to be different. There's going to be an offset one ... a lot of interesting instruments. You see we get asked, for example, ''why don't you do an Eastman SG?'' But I don't want to do that, I don't feel there's anything we can add. So we've started to design a completely new instrument.' It seems he is the lead designer for Eastman solid bodies.
aant, Zeiss, sleigh, Pura Vida, Incendies, SasquatchLife like this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
I like that idea! Can't wait to see what they come up with.
AlanSam likes this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
Ohhhh an offset one! Fantastic.

Btw is Pepijin‘ still with Eastman?
„I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things“ Tom Waits
(08-31-2020, 09:40 AM)Mitch Wrote: Ohhhh an offset one! Fantastic.

Given he says 'we've started to design a completely new instrument' I think it's safe to assume so.
p.s. I only do a couple of guitar forums, but I believe he is on facebook - why not ask him?
Alan
I can't wait to see what they come up with. I wish I could just buy 'em all!
Zeiss likes this post
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2023 Eastman E2D

Last year, Richards Guitars posted a lengthy (surprise!) video saying that Pepijn had left Eastman, and it appeared to be a rather abrupt exit.  But then in January at NAMM, he was seen back in the Eastman booth, so it must not have lasted (or the info was inaccurate about his departure).

He seems to be the creative force behind the instruments.  I think he came up with many, if not all of those LTD models in 2018, 2019, but perhaps his departure was a reason we didn't see any for 2020.  Anyway, if Pepijn is coming up with the unique products, I'd still expect Otto D'Ambrosio to manage its overall design, as he's done with the El Ray and Romeo.
AlanSam likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(08-31-2020, 09:45 AM)AlanSam Wrote:

Given he says 'we've started to design a completely new instrument' I think it's safe to assume so.
p.s. I only do a couple of guitar forums, but I believe he is on facebook - why not ask him? 

Yeah sounds like. Maybe he took a ‚creative‘ break to finish and release his current Album.

I am one of those with no FB ;-)

but good point anyway !
„I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things“ Tom Waits
Mitch - I was thinking the same thing, that he took a sabbatical to do his own thing and maybe let Eastman know what they were losing ha ha. I doubt Pepijn has ever built a guitar with his own hands, but what surprised me in the Guitarist magazine article I referred to was his depth of technical knowledge, and his discussion of the design options which existed during the development of the SB55 (lost me after a while - but not the interviewer). I get the impression that Eastman operate on a team basis, with a rather horizontal management structure - one conducive to creativity. 
Alan
I wonder if they'll ever make a strat or tele type model??? As in, with a bolt on neck.

Now that would shake things up.  I'd be in.
E20ss, E20OMce, E10SS/v, AR810, T185mx, E10ss00/v, SB59/v, PCH1-OM

I've been neglecting the Electric sub-forum and just catching up.  Yes, a Strat or Tele would shake things up.  With all the attention their LP style SB models are getting, plus the Romeo, plus the thinlines and archtops, I wonder how much capacity they have to expand into a new line like that.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The new solid body Juliet with Pepijin Mitch 3 1,169 10-10-2022, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Meathead