Eastman Builds
Jake - Nothing wrong in noting flaws in Eastman builds. I don't understand why people treat their preferred brand (whatever it is) as if any criticism was verboten. I much prefer honesty. Just as there aren't any persons without some flaws, I rather doubt there are any guitars without a flaw or three, either.
Zissou Intern and Meathead like this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
Welcome Jake. I am not on FB so I wouldn't have seen your post, but I think it is great that you have included the good and bad. I have never been a fan of the Ping tuners, so I invariably change them out. That doesn't make my criticism invalid or unmentionable. 

Welcome to EGF. Congratulations on the E20OM - very nice first Eastman. I have an E40OM and have noticed the neck is a lot fuller than other Eastmans I have owned and tried. I guess the handmade nature of them still gives some variance in the build. Enjoy your new guitar.
sleigh, Meathead, Zissou Intern like this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
(08-04-2023, 09:19 AM)sleigh Wrote: Jake - Nothing wrong in noting flaws in Eastman builds. I don't understand why people treat their preferred brand (whatever it is) as if any criticism was verboten. I much prefer honesty. Just as there aren't any persons without some flaws, I rather doubt there are any guitars without a flaw or three, either.

Totally agree Steve - criticism, pointing out flaws and defects are certainly OK here - we all love the brand but we benefit from each other when we're honest with the experiences we've had, both good and bad.
sleigh and Zissou Intern like this post
(08-04-2023, 07:54 AM)JakeInPA Wrote: I’ve been lurking here for a while. I wanted a [more] affordable guitar to compliment my Adi top J-45. The great, and somewhat balanced, feedback on here helped me settle on trying a used E20OM-TC from Dave’s. The guitar is very attractive and I think there’s a lot to like about it.

When I posted on the Eastman Facebook group about a couple things I noticed on my first day or two (surprisingly heavy neck and a noticeable flaw in the kerf along the back—yes I included praise also) I was met with some very angry responses! Mostly that I shouldn’t be looking inside the guitar or being critical at all. I’m never sure what drives people to advocate for a brand with such unwavering vigor.

Oh, and I also would love a deeper neck. It’s one of the reasons I love my “50s” J-45 over my ‘67.

As someone who's bought several "used" Eastmans from Dave's just be aware that they are frequently Eastmans' B-stock where they found a flaw and didn't want to sell it as new.  I'm completely willing to take a minor imperfection to save 25-40% off of the new price, but that flaw in the kerfing could have been why you were able to buy it at a discount.

You're right about weight as well.  Eastmans are somewhat heavier than some other makers (esp the rosewood.)
sleigh, Zissou Intern, AlanSam like this post