Eastman Builds
Is the Eastwood AC422CE similar to the Eastman AC422CE? We all do it - me more than most ha ha.
Charlieb and Guzzi Fan like this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
I can make do with the 2 Eastmans I have and not wanting to drop a lot of money on another acoustic brand. I'd really like to see an Eastman build (OM and smaller) I was interested in acquiring but there's nothing I'm remotely interested in of their older or new builds that I don't have now.

oh and I wind up deleting more post than are active. It must be the stage-4 of curmudgeonship I'm in these days lol. I get T'd off thinking bout something and post it and then wake up and delete, get to thinking "why in the hell did I post that"?....!!!
Zissou Intern likes this post
Charlie - I've never seen one of your posts which is less than interesting. Once posted let them be and don't worry about it. I'm sure most people, myself included, prefer curmudgeonly to bland any day of the week.
Zissou Intern likes this post
Alan
all my contrarian antagonist villain protagonist rambling ons?...someone says black I say white, someone says white I say black avoiding those kum-ba-yah moments lol
sleigh and AlanSam like this post
Well I prefer thin necks and 1 11/16. There are plenty of models with wider nuts. Oh and the E20 OO SS/V has the wider 1 3/4 in any case, despite what was advertised. There are plenty of quiet types not shouting about wanting bigger necks. Not everyone has huge hands.
AlanSam, sleigh, nobodeuno like this post
Archizing - of course you are dead right, many people legitimately prefer 1 11/16" nuts. But I would note that hand size is just one factor - style of playing is another. I have small hands but personally find 1 3/4" nut and also the (usually) associated wider string spacing significantly easier to finger pick. If I am strumming chords on a 1 11/16"  nut the inevitable odd imprecision doesn't usually stand out so much.
sleigh likes this post
Alan
I'm down to 2 acoustics, E10 OM and E10P. Only Redwood I had was a DT30 OM, kept it for about 6 months, it was just a try and see how I'd like it. Pretty guitar but had a friend wanting one so I sold it to him.

Alternating between the 10 OM and P I prefer the P mostly for it's tone altho it is limiting to playable genre's, mostly bluesier or fingerstyle playing of certain genres (Edit: now if I could rid the guitar of Wolf Tones)...The E10 OM plays exceptionally well but I keep picking up the P for the fullness in tone for the 10 OM has gotten too thin sounding in comparison for my likes as of now.

No shops anywhere near my location and at 71 I don't care to get out and drive half a day to a store.
AlanSam likes this post
I hear you, Charlie. I don't own an Eastman right now, but my wife still has her AJ816 and much loved AJ817-12 (SN:007). I waited forever - well, not forever, but probably 5 years - for Eastman to introduce a slope shoulder with a 1 3/4" nut and full neck profile, preferably 12 fret. It became obvious that the Smeckman was never going to happen, so I moved on. I still appreciate the brand and what it offers, but sadly, there is nothing really for me at this point.
AlanSam likes this post
'00 Martin HD28LSV ~ '04 Martin D18GE ~ '22 Burkett J45
I’ve been lurking here for a while. I wanted a [more] affordable guitar to compliment my Adi top J-45. The great, and somewhat balanced, feedback on here helped me settle on trying a used E20OM-TC from Dave’s. The guitar is very attractive and I think there’s a lot to like about it.

When I posted on the Eastman Facebook group about a couple things I noticed on my first day or two (surprisingly heavy neck and a noticeable flaw in the kerf along the back—yes I included praise also) I was met with some very angry responses! Mostly that I shouldn’t be looking inside the guitar or being critical at all. I’m never sure what drives people to advocate for a brand with such unwavering vigor.

Oh, and I also would love a deeper neck. It’s one of the reasons I love my “50s” J-45 over my ‘67.
sleigh likes this post
Hey Jake - just a quick note to say welcome to the forum!  Glad you've joined us here.