E40om-Tc coming! Are they all long scales?
Hi there, i am new to this forum and played many fantastic Eastman archtops but never an acoustic although I seen videos and they are great.
Finally i pulled the trigger and bought an E40OM-TC, i believe that in Eastman web pages they are described like 24.9 scale guitars. Does any one can confirm they are 25.4?
Also heard a comparison in youtube in which the Tonelite system has a fatter tone in comparison to the old neck joint.
Regards to everyone.
AlanSam and Lannig like this post
Hi Gustavo,

Congrats on the new Eastman. Regarding scale, only the limited prototypes with the Bourgeois Tone-Tite bolt on necks were long scale. If yours is a current model than it will have the dovetail neck construction and 24.9" scale. Great guitars either way.
Pura Vida and Pick-n-brew like this post
Ted
LA Guitar Sales - 310.246.1933
(01-14-2023, 08:32 AM)Gustavo Eiriz Wrote: Finally i pulled the trigger and bought an E40OM-TC, i believe that in Eastman web pages they are described like 24.9 scale guitars. Does any one can confirm they are 25.4?
I believe that Eastman website specifies 24.9" scale length for all of their E - OM all solid wood body guitars. That said my E40OM-TC purchased in 2022 has the longer 25.4" scale length that is more common of OM guitars. I know that some others also have E40OM-TC with 25.4" scale length, but I'm not sure if anyone outside of Eastman can state that they are all the longer scale length. Or maybe they once were 24.9" and changed over, but haven't updated their website in over 6 months.
Hi, yes mine has the tone-tite system! Thanks
Any recommendation?

Attached Files

Thumbs Up 
(01-14-2023, 11:25 PM)Gustavo Eiriz Wrote: Hi, yes mine has the tone-tite system! Thanks
Any recommendation?

No recommendations other than as with any solid wood guitar, keep it in a humidity friendly place (about 40 percent) and play the heck out of it. It will appreciate it.
Pura Vida likes this post
Ted
LA Guitar Sales - 310.246.1933
So far there have only been a couple of dovetail E40-TC guitars to enter the States. Most of the guitars that are available now are the Tone-Tite guitars.

John
I purchased it in Enlgand, in an store named Peach Guitars.
In my experience a lomger scale gives you a more percuted sound, more attack, more overtones, while the shorter scale is somehow more sober and warmer, less dynamic in my opinion.
Regarding the neck joint, the only video that i saw the new neck joint sounded much more fuller than the old style joint.
(01-15-2023, 09:24 AM)Chapboogie Wrote: So far there have only been a couple of dovetail E40-TC guitars to enter the States. Most of the guitars that are available now are the Tone-Tite guitars.

John

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ‘18 E40OM vs ‘21 E40OM-TC Bourgeois influenced TomC 12 921 05-14-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Gustavo Eiriz