Color Variation
Beautiful guitar and great photos, Mitch!  That's a fantastic looking top.

I share your question about how these guitars will evolve over the short/medium term, as well as how they will hold up vs. non-TC tops over the long term.  Based on what I've read, as well as my own limited experience, the TC guitars do continue to evolve.  I'm not sure if that's a result of the tops opening up, the bodies (which are not TC), or the bracing... or some combination of all three.

No matter... while I enjoy the journey of my non-TC guitars (which is mostly what I own), I really enjoy my Alpine TC dread pair.  I don't know if it's the mix of warmth and headroom or the dryness of the TC, but I really, really enjoy playing those guitars.  I'm really curious to see how my forthcoming E20D-MR-TC will stack up against the Alpine and my non-TC Adi dreads.
sleigh and Mitch like this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
I really like the Alpine pair I have as well. If I were going to sell off one guitar, it would likely be my E20D before the E8D-Alpine.
Pura Vida likes this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter