Upgrades, Parts, Eastman Compatibility...
Hi Eastman Fans!, I have a new T486 and it has generic kluson style tuners. I am wondering if anyone knows the tuning peg hole diameter on the Eastman T486 models/ I have looked everywhere and cannot find this information. There are two sizes of Kluson locking tuners I'd like to replace these with, the old vintage size and the new modern size. Both look exactly like the old Kluson style that is on there, although the locking ones have the locking button sticking out of them. On the inside they each have different peg hole sizes.The vintage style has a peg hole about 8.75 mm (11/16), whereas the modern styles generally use a 10mm hole. Every article I have read from people that replaced these said they had to drill a larger hole, but no one has said what the exact measurement is. I believe I can get drop-in replacements if I know the size. Obviously I'm hoping to avoid taking one off until I have the new ones. I'd switch tuner brands before drilling.
     Thanks, Don

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upgrades, Parts, Eastman Compatibility... - by DonHess - 02-06-2023, 01:58 PM