jumping into hollowness
New to Eastman, and mostly new to hollow body/thinline. Did have (and just sold) a PRS semi-hollow but that really is a kinda-chambered solid body. Way back when had an ES330, long forgotten.

Anywho, the Romeo seemed like a good fit for what I wanted. Ordered one last week and it showed up - fantastic instrument. The Lollars sound great and setup is spot-on. I may try some balanced tension 11-50 on it as I tune a half-step flat and would like a bit more tension on the low E but otherwise can't really think of anything I'd change. 

[Image: eastmans-800-6.jpeg][Image: eastmans-800-7.jpeg]

I liked it so much I figured I'd look for an arch top. I don't care for larger bodies, and the AR603CED-15 seemed to be the closest so I rolled the dice again. That showed up this morning, so far so good. I haven't had an arch top since...well, never. Closest was an ES330 way back in the dark ages. Anywho, just living out a life slogan, "if something is worth doing its worth overdoing."

[Image: eastmans-800-4.jpeg][Image: eastmans-800-5.jpeg]

And now to continue the woodshedding on new wood!
Lukew, TomC, Pura Vida like this post
Eastman AR880CE | AR580CE | E10OM-TC | Comins GCS-1 Bigsby | Fender Ultra Strat | Beard Radio R Standard Hipshot 
Fodera and Nordstrand fretted - Rob Allen and Nordstrand fretless basses

www.nostatic.com 
” sometimes science is more art than science…”   -Rick Sanchez
Congrats again!  Those are some really nice guitars.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
It's funny because out of the box I loved the Romeo, the 603 was initially a bit less hot and heavy. The more I play with both of them (and switched to NYXL balanced tension 11-50 on the Romeo), I'm still digging the thinline but the 603 is quickly growing on me. I think it will cover the acoustic vibe for all but the most purist intent - really a good sounding guitar after doing a bit of pickup height adjustment. I was thinking of a string swap but I'm warming to the NYXL 12-52 strings, especially since I'm tuned a half step flat. With the Romeo I could use a bit more tension on the low E, may try a mixed lite/heavy set.

So the Romeo can do both the jazz and rock thing, the 603 the jazz and acoustic thing (and rock in a pinch). Nice to have overlaps.
AlanSam and Pura Vida like this post
Eastman AR880CE | AR580CE | E10OM-TC | Comins GCS-1 Bigsby | Fender Ultra Strat | Beard Radio R Standard Hipshot 
Fodera and Nordstrand fretted - Rob Allen and Nordstrand fretless basses

www.nostatic.com 
” sometimes science is more art than science…”   -Rick Sanchez