Wondering if it's just me and mine?
I bought new an AR810CE in ~2004.  It's been in for repair twice for a broken tailpiece.  Some kind of design flaw I was told.  Anyway, that was about three years ago and now I'm finding some new stuff I'm concerned about. The frets are popping up at the ends (the high e sticks underneath while playing).  The border on the pick guard is coming apart.  Then the old tailpiece style and the newish one, swing arm v fixed. Here's some pics.[Image: 540aXEi.jpg][Image: fJcnBby.jpg][Image: 7Bs7sOU.jpg]
I was told that earlier production (earlier than 2010) models were generally likely to have more issues than post 2010 models but all are correctable.

The TP, is a fairly common issue, even Heritage, Ibanez and Gibson have had TP's fail, replacement is the only option, and hopefully the maker has a replacement that fits or an aftermarket model would have to be installed.

That problem you showed looks like the PG wood shrunk. It can be fixed but I would just remove or replace the PG, or like above get in touch with Eastman and see how they handle it.

The fret issue if it is lifting is your biggest concern and a PITA, and if Eastman cannot or will not address it, a luthier (NOT git tech) can handle it for you.

If the fret is simply "proud" (sticking out beyond the FB) that too is common on FB wood that shrinks from either poorly aged / cured wood or too dry a climate will cause your PG and proud fret issues, get a handle on your humidity to see if you caused the problems from not knowing of the issues associated with low humidity.

If the frets are simply proud they can easily be dressed to where they should be. .
Bert and Pura Vida like this post
Regards,

Gary
(02-06-2018, 02:39 PM)AR810CE2004 Wrote: I bought new an AR810CE in ~2004.  It's been in for repair twice for a broken tailpiece.  Some kind of design flaw I was told.  Anyway, that was about three years ago and now I'm finding some new stuff I'm concerned about. The frets are popping up at the ends (the high e sticks underneath while playing).  The border on the pick guard is coming apart.  Then the old tailpiece style and the newish one, swing arm v fixed. Here's some pics.[Image: 540aXEi.jpg][Image: fJcnBby.jpg][Image: 7Bs7sOU.jpg]

I have a 2006 AR810ce with all the same problems. I just opened the case to find the 2nd tailpiece broken at the hinge. I've had the frets reattached, the binding reglued, and now the pickup and pick guard have come unglued from the mounting block.

This is a beautiful guitar that plays great, but it won't stop falling apart
Change from summer to winter always seems to bring out the worst in wood. Hard to say what's going on but humidity swings can take the toll. Like Gary said, a skilled luthier is the best choice for eval.

jamesg41, I recently traded my 2006 AR805ce for a amp, I also had an AR810ce previously. This is what the floating pickup/pickguard assembly looks like, the 2 screws attach the assembly to the fretboard extention. Is the block for the 2 screws what came undone?

[Image: luZO543.jpg]
I've got a new to me '07 AR805ce that has the SAME pickguard / binding split. My friend has an AR803ce - YES - it has the SAME split/separation. It's minimal, not super noticeable. Does anyone have a hack/fix?  I was considering filling with a glue ?...