Which strings for T64/V with Bigsby?
Question 
Hello.  I have a used T64/V on the way, and I am wondering what strings people here are using on these lovely guitars, for a nice bluesy, rootsy sound.

I expect to stick with 11s.  This will be my first guitar with a Bigsby, although I have a Jazzmaster with a floating tremolo.  I'm using Gabriel Tenorio "trem twists" on that -- they are expensive, but they sound great, last long, and work very well with the tremolo arm.  I figure they would also work well with a Bigsby.

Thanks in advance.
Rob

Telecaster
Jazzmaster
Mustang Bass
Martin HJ-38 Stefan Grossman
Make sure you lubricate the nut with a T64, even more so with s Bigsby.
I use TI swing 011's on my T64, but I play jazz. It sounds great with it. It even thunks a bit, like bigger bodied guitars.
Thanks!  I've played and enjoyed TI swings in the past, on guitars I previously owned with humbuckers (a Guild X170, Epi Dot, and I think I used them on an Eastman El Rey 3).  I was wondering how they might work with the Bigbsy on the T64 (although I'm not going dive-bombing).

I actually have a couple of sets of TI swing 12s sitting in my string box.  I'll probably try a set on this guitar (athough 12s might be a bit much), as well as trying a set of D'Addarios NYXLs 11s and a set of Gabriel Tenorios 11.
Rob

Telecaster
Jazzmaster
Mustang Bass
Actually I don't have any TIs at home, so I've ordered a set of Swing 11s to try out (probably after I put on a fresh set of NYXLs)

(Just ordered a Vibramate Spring Spoiler to make it easy to change the strings with the Bigsby.)
Rob

Telecaster
Jazzmaster
Mustang Bass
I checked and I have 012's on my t64. I didn't even have to compensate the neck when I changed. While I normally change the wound G for a plain G (you can buy them separately from TI), on the T64 it sounds good with the wound G too.
Zeiss likes this post
(10-22-2020, 05:32 PM)T64 Wrote: Actually I don't have any TIs at home, so I've ordered a set of Swing 11s to try out (probably after I put on a fresh set of NYXLs)

(Just ordered a Vibramate Spring Spoiler to make it easy to change the strings with the Bigsby.)

I have owned a number of Bigsby guitars.  Quick tip for you. 

String changing, just put a bend in the ball end of the string to ease putting it on the pin, pull the string tight and capo it at the first fret.  That is important because you then have two free hands to do the mandatory locking string wrap with an absolute minimum of wraps.  Youtube is your friend

Good luck

My current Bigsbys guitar

[Image: x7DfLOH.jpg]
RomanS likes this post
I'm actually returning this guitar.  Thanks for the tips and best to all.
Rob

Telecaster
Jazzmaster
Mustang Bass
What happened?
Sorry to be mysterious but reason for my return is between me and the seller and we're both satisfied with the return.
Rob

Telecaster
Jazzmaster
Mustang Bass