Where to buy an Eastman?
I’ve seen several people mention they waited a very long time or are still waiting to take delivery of a guitar they ordered. In the neighborhood of 9 months.

But I’ve seen several Brand New guitars listed on Reverb, eBay or some official vendor sites.

I’m expecting to order a T486 in the near future.

What method or vendor should I use? What am I missing here?

Thanks for your help.
One thing you may be missing is the fact that many of the sellers on Reverb will not ship to Canada. This was the case for me and the long wait for the T486. Patience was rewarded, it is a wonderful instrument which you will enjoy.
FenderTT - here's a prior thread that might be helpful for you:

https://www.eastmanguitarfans.com/Thread...ers-stores

Cheers
Tim
I am in the True North, PM me for details. I have a slightly used but immaculate 2020 AC322CE and 2019 AC422CE, and I could sell either. I'm supposed to be ordering an AC622CE (COVID threw that one off or I would have had it by now) and I can't play or store that many guitars.
2021 Eastman AC622CE
2020 Eastman E40OM
2020 Eastman AC308CE (Limited Edition)
2020 Martin HD-28
2021 Eastman PCH3-GACE
2004 Gibson Les Paul Studio, wine red
1999 Taylor 714 custom, Cedar/Brazilian Rosewood
The other part of this conversation is that some people don't want to order online and prefer to see/play before they buy.  Online dealers tend to have more inventory b/c they are shipping nationwide (or even internationally), while a physical store is more likely to have limited inventory and a more regional customer base.  Also, I think availability varies by model.  Some are easier to find than others.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
I went to the thread you provided and yet another thread provided within that thread.  Went to each of their websites.  Couldn't find what I was looking for online.  Sad to see how many of those mentioned in both threads no longer have a web presence and/or tagged as being permanently out of business.

I'm looking for a T486 in Black w/out tremolo.  Problem is that model is longer listed in their catalog.  I am very reluctant to purchase a used one online.  But I'm much more comfortable purchasing a new one online from a reputable seller.  And with Eastman's it is usually a smaller/boutique business.

I found two online in Europe so I bought one.  Surprisingly shipping was only $103USD.  There was another the Netherlands.

I totally get the unwillingness to purchase online but I've always done it that way with only one bad experience over 20 years ago when I naively did not get to see photos ahead of time.
I'm glad you found what you were looking for, and that's not bad for shipping.  I've purchased nearly all of my guitars online, and even if it doesn't work out, I've been able to sell for a fair price and not get soaked in the process.
I had to abandon the one from the UK because they wanted a bank wire.

Instead I bought from The Fellowship of Acoustics in The Netherlands.

http://www.tfoa.eu

I paid a premium going this route but I’m so happy with the guitar. I recommend this shop to anyone.

[Image: N0qfLTi.jpg][Image: VCJrf3P.jpg]
I just saw your same post on the FB owners page, but your photos look better here on EGF.  Smile

Beautiful guitar, and I like it with the stop tailpiece.  Congrats and enjoy it!