When Your Kid Takes Your Only Electric Guitar Away
So my son recently decided he wanted to play guitar and squirreled my Reverend Manta Ray away in his room.  I had JUST swapped in Seth Lovers and it was sounding amazing so this hurt a bit.  Since then I've been stalking Dave's for a nice replacement and they've been dropping "used" electrics and acoustics over the past day and a half or so.  This popped up an hour ago and it's on the way to Memphis now!

[Image: OH55mgg.jpg]

SB59/V in Goldburst.  I've played SB59's before so I know I'll love the neck, and I'm interested in hearing how the Custom Imperial Lollars compare to my Seth Lovers.  Knowing that Dave's exists is the worst thing for my GAS.
sleigh and Pura Vida like this post
Beautiful guitar! I would be interested in a review if you can find time.
p.s. don't let your son know ha ha!
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Awesome!  Congrats... looks amazing.  Love that flame!  Be sure to post your thoughts once it arrives!
Great flame in that top!
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
Oh, my....Vapour!  I thought my T185MX would be my main electric, but every time I see these SB models, I know that I really need to get one of them, someday.  Congrats on that gorgeous guitar... post a full review, when you have a chance.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
It's been a crazy week so no full review.  I snapped this last week when it first arrived.  As expected really, it's fantastic.  The Lollars sound great through the Katana (also just purchased to replace a teenager-stolen blackstar).  Great playable neck and it's weird to hear myself spending hours playing scales and trying to solo (poorly).  Strangely enough this came from Dave's with tags and documentation from Corner Music in Nashville so it may have been a true trade-in.  I can't see or hear any flaws other than the relicing.  

This was me essentially giving up on the acoustic hunt for a bit.  I've played enough guitars to know that very very few will sound better than the ones I own, and the few that do will likely be far more expensive (still thinking about a $7K 12-fret Collings that I could not justify.)  Instead, I went with a far more functional SB59/V, Bose S1 Pro/SM58, Katana 50, and a full LR Baggs Anthem for my E20OM.  The Bose/SM58/E20 got to play a small show for a work group last week (my first!). This means one less person competing for those E20om-TC-MR when they arrive!

[Image: zvVioRT.jpg]
DonO, Pura Vida, Junior dc like this post
A much belated congrats on the SB... I haven't strolled through the electric sub-forum in a while, so trying to catch up.  Hope you're enjoying it!
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
I rarely check this sub either!  Still loving the SB59.  Still looking at other acoustics, but I think this is does everything I need out of an electric.