WTB Older E10/20 00 SS
So I have been kind of looking to add a 00 size slope shoulder. I had an E10 00ss/v but the nut and neck were a little too narrow and thin respectively. It is my understanding that prior to 2014 Eastman E10 00 SS had a 1.75" nut with a short 24.75" scale, rosewood bridge and fingerboard. I thought I had found one in MN, but it had a significant split on the top that the seller had not disclosed in the pics or the description. If anyone has one that they are willing to move along or sees one in the wild, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
TomC
PS - I might be wrong about the spec change but the new ones are 1 11/16", 24.75" scale and ebony board and bridge and I think it was 2014 that they made the change. 
PSS - I understand that Ted has the E15SS that looks very intriguing. It's just a little above my budget.
AlanSam and Pura Vida like this post
Tom - I believe the E15SS also has a 1 11/16" nut. No problem for me though, and I would love to get me mitts on one! If the E15SS is a loose take on the Gibson L2 - I would absolutely love Eastman to (hear we go again) produce their take of the early Gibson L1 archtop (the later ones, post 1925, were flat top). I would definitely be in the market for one. Oh, and with a dark varnish finish ha!
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Alan
LA Guitars had a custom order of the E15SS done with a slightly wider nut. I believe that you are correct in that other E15s have the 1 11/16" nut.
TomC
AlanSam likes this post
(10-14-2019, 06:33 AM)TomC Wrote: Thanks Alan
LA Guitars had a custom order of the E15SS done with a slightly wider nut. I believe that you are correct in that other E15s have the 1 11/16" nut.
TomC

Thanks Tom - I didn't know that. Interesting how retailers can still influence guitar manufacturers - I suppose Ditson's dreadnoughts are the classic example. And ZI's Fuller's J35 also springs to mind.
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
If Ted reads this, he can chime in with any clarification.  But he worked out a limited run of E15SS, which are modeled after the Gibson LG2 / B25, but with a Rosewood body.  They also made a few E5SS, which are Mahogany bodies.  Eastman decided not to add these into their permanent lineup (similar to Chapboogie's E10D-TC / E10OM-TC).  He has said the E15SS is one of the best sounding LG2s you'll ever hear, and he personally owned one.  I came really close to buying one of the remaining ones from his store, and I peak every now and then to see if it's still there.

These rarely come up for resale b/c they people who got them know to hold onto them.  They're listed as 00, but they're in between a 00 and OM size.  Give Ted a call and make a deal!  Smile
sagebrush tom likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Brian
I really do like this idea. Ted are you listening? Once you get that third rack ready for ZI's E10OM-TC you will have even more room to grow the NoCal Concept Store. Should I promise Ted a sale of two if the price is right?  Shy

Seriously though I am leaning that way. I have a line on an E20 00ss that I am going to give a play later this week. This should give me a better idea on how I like the model.
Pura Vida, sagebrush tom, DukeS like this post