WTB: E20p
(04-27-2021, 04:45 AM)AlanSam Wrote: There are many types of 'mahogany', and 'Rosewood' too - some 'true' others unrelated species which possess similar characteristics. The link below is a useful guide but is not exhaustive :-

https://www.easycalculation.com/other/wo...-chart.php

Alan,

Thanks!  Doing a quick look at the data provided in the chart would pretty much explain why the E20P is heavier than my mahogany instruments.

OF course when all is said and done, just because my E20P may be a little over weight, I am still very fond of it.
AlanSam likes this post
It never moves any faster than it's supposed to go - Taj Mahal

2017 Waterloo WL-14X
2019 Martin 000-18
2021 Eastman E20P
2022 Martin 000-16
The Loar LO-215-SN
Yamaha FG-331

My E20 P is also heavy! Loud though. Maybe the back and sides are thicker than the OMs. This is not necessarily a bad thing, as one school of thought is to have stiff/heavy sides and backs. It seems to work in these parlours. My E10 OM, is super light, with thin back and sides that rumble away nicely and vibrate like crazy, when I delicately pick it. I think the Eastman folk really know their stuff when it comes to design. They have clearly studied the old Martin's very carefully. Rosewood is also heavier than mahogany. The bracing on the parlour looks pretty sturdy, though that won't account for the hefty weight. Anyway the amazing thing is the bass that these parlours generate.
Pura Vida likes this post
How do the parlor necks compare to the OO's in terms of neck thickness and string spacing.  I'd really like a small bodied guitar but read many conflicting reviews of how folks relate to them
D18 

"We are stardust, we are golden, we are billion-year-old carbon and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden"

Joni Mitchell
I've read that the necks are the same.  The only real difference is in the body size (parlor is smaller than 00).
vashondan likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
You guys are making me GAS over an E20P now.  My poor wife.  I'll just tell her that all I need now is an E20P, E10D, and a Martin 000-15sm and then I'm set.  I don't know about you guys, but I'm obsessed with just looking at different guitars and listening to them on YouTube.  I probably spend 5 hours a week just looking on Reverb and watching videos.  To me, guitars are like works of art and are so beautiful to look at.  I'm off on a tangent now, but this is one of nicest looking guitars I've ever seen!   https://reverb.com/item/38755254-bourgeo...-koa-video

Just look at that bridge made out of holly!

Sorry, this has nothing to do with the thread, carry on.
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2023 Eastman E2D
(06-04-2021, 02:19 PM)SasquatchLife Wrote: You guys are making me GAS over an E20P now.  My poor wife.  I'll just tell her that all I need now is an E20P, E10D, and a Martin 000-15sm and then I'm set.  I don't know about you guys, but I'm obsessed with just looking at different guitars and listening to them on YouTube.  I probably spend 5 hours a week just looking on Reverb and watching videos.  To me, guitars are like works of art and are so beautiful to look at.  I'm off on a tangent now, but this is one of nicest looking guitars I've ever seen!   https://reverb.com/item/38755254-bourgeo...-koa-video

You're not alone.  I spend way too much time watching videos, window shopping and drooling over I've got to haves!
SasquatchLife likes this post
D18 

"We are stardust, we are golden, we are billion-year-old carbon and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden"

Joni Mitchell
(06-04-2021, 02:42 PM)vashondan Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 02:19 PM)SasquatchLife Wrote: You guys are making me GAS over an E20P now.  My poor wife.  I'll just tell her that all I need now is an E20P, E10D, and a Martin 000-15sm and then I'm set.  I don't know about you guys, but I'm obsessed with just looking at different guitars and listening to them on YouTube.  I probably spend 5 hours a week just looking on Reverb and watching videos.  To me, guitars are like works of art and are so beautiful to look at.  I'm off on a tangent now, but this is one of nicest looking guitars I've ever seen!   https://reverb.com/item/38755254-bourgeo...-koa-video

You're not alone.  I spend way too much time watching videos, window shopping and drooling over I've got to haves!

Yep! I'm actually heading to a guitar store as we speak. Already was here on Monday, but maybe they got some new stock in haha.
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2023 Eastman E2D
(06-04-2021, 03:45 PM)SasquatchLife Wrote:

Yep! I'm actually heading to a guitar store as we speak. Already was here on Monday, but maybe they got some new stock in haha. 
Oh, you have got it bad.  I've at least stayed out of stores.   So, how did it go?
D18 

Joni Mitchell
(06-04-2021, 05:19 PM)vashondan Wrote:

Oh, you have got it bad.  I've at least stayed out of stores.   So, how did it go?

I played a really nice Alvarez MF60OM of their Masterworks line. Really great all solid wood guitar and only $600. I may have to buy it. It was probably the best guitar I played tonight. Played a Martin 000-15m which was nice too. Then played a really cool Recording King resonator guitar, and about walked out with it. Also, played a really nice little Eastman E2OM. Great little fingerstyle guitar, and def has a different sound and feel with the cedar top. Really sweet and delicate sounding.
AlanSam likes this post
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2023 Eastman E2D
(06-04-2021, 07:35 PM)SasquatchLife Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 05:19 PM)vashondan Wrote:

I played a really nice Alvarez MF60OM of their Masterworks line. Really great all solid wood guitar and only $600. I may have to buy it. It was probably the best guitar I played tonight. Played a Martin 000-15m which was nice too. Then played a really cool Recording King resonator guitar, and about walked out with it. Also, played a really nice little Eastman E2OM. Great little fingerstyle guitar, and def has a different sound and feel with the cedar top. Really sweet and delicate sounding. 
Sounds like it was a fun outing for you.
D18 

Joni Mitchell