Used E8D on Mandolin Cafe
There is a beautiful E8D posted in the Mandolin Cafe classifieds. The price is $650 plus 1/2 shipping from Illinois. The back looks so much like Brazilian... but it has to be E.I. rosewood, right?

I contacted the seller, and he is says everything is good to go. It's an older model with the handwritten serial number on the label.

https://www.mandolincafe.com/ads/143769#143769
Pura Vida likes this post
Wow! I bought a used solid Brazilian Rosewood B&S classical nylon stringed guitar back in 1970 (I remember like it was yesterday) and owned it for almost 40 years - the resemblance is uncanny. But as you say it's got to be EIR. Looks aside, as the proud owner of an E8D I can heartily recommend the model!
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Alan, I have sent the picture to half dozen friends, and they all think it's Brazilian. When I tell them it's and EIR Eastman, they are astounded. One of them still thinks I am trying to pull one over on him. Ha!
AlanSam likes this post
Eastman pulls off some amazing wood.  They say all of their Rosewood is EIR, but then you see photos like this (or my E20OM-SB, which sure looks like Madi Rosewood).  And then I wonder, if they can mix up a Sitka top with a Red Spruce top (like we've seen), then is it possible for a piece or two of Braz or Madi to get mixed into their EIR supply.

So, are you getting this guitar, Keith?
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
No, I flirted with the idea of buying it, but I am finding it difficult to find enough time to feed and water the three that I have right now. I am just hoping that one of our fellow Eastman fans buys it.
Pura Vida likes this post
Ah, if only I had an extra $650 laying around...  *sigh*
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
For the prices that Eastman charges for it's rosewood guitars, there's no chance that Eastman would substitute knowing or unknowing any exotic rosewood on it's acoustic guitars. But every now and then they do come up with some beautiful sets of EIR. Too bad they wasted that beautiful piece on a drednaught...... Kidding!
AlanSam likes this post
2015 E20 OM SB Eastman
2021 000-15 SM Martin
2016 00-18 Martin
2015 E10 00 Eastman
Tom, LOL... so true.  Just wishful thinking that the supplier dropped in an exotic set by mistake, I suppose.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
In case anyone is interested - here are some additional pictures. Nut is measured at 1.75". No checking that the current owner noticed. Action appears from other pics to be fairly low, but that can be deceptive in pictures. No pictures of the saddle. I have to be in WI and IL this weekend and I may try to arrange a meet up this Saturday. I really have absolutely no need for this, but I also miss me E8D. So who knows?
TomC

[Image: GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATYwMA...ation=true]
Zissou Intern and Pura Vida like this post
(09-02-2019, 10:10 PM)TomC Wrote: In case anyone is interested - here are some additional pictures. Nut is measured at 1.75". No checking that the current owner noticed. Action appears from other pics to be fairly low, but that can be deceptive in pictures. No pictures of the saddle. I have to be in WI and IL this weekend and I may try to arrange a meet up this Saturday. I really have absolutely no need for this, but I also miss me E8D. So who knows?
TomC

To quote Tony Rice, "Jump on it, Son!"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DT30OM on Mandolin Cafe TomC 4 1,137 09-24-2022, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Charlieb
  AC320 in Texas via Mandolin Cafe @$350 TomC 2 1,060 12-25-2020, 06:57 AM
Last Post: TomC
  Used E10D-TC on Mandolin Cafe Zissou Intern 3 1,170 10-03-2019, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Pura Vida