Traded Away: Watch for the NGD post by a fellow forum member...
PV - thanks for the connection. I didn't realize they were one and the same. I thought EMS sold to USD who is selling so that he can buy the J35 from ZI. That J35 looks like an enticing guitar. Too bad I can't pay for it in guitars. The price is a little north of my spousal approved budget.
TomC
Zissou Intern and Pura Vida like this post
Tom, I fully understand what happens when you find yourself north of spousal approval. Hence this thread! I wish EMS would buy this J35. I know it is right in his wheelhouse.
Pura Vida likes this post
(10-08-2019, 07:54 PM)Zissou Intern Wrote: Tom, I fully understand what happens when you find yourself north of spousal approval. Hence this thread! I wish EMS would buy this J35. I know it is right in his wheelhouse.

Keith, you’re right, it’s just my kind of guitar. if you want to start a go-fund-me in my name, please do.
Zissou Intern likes this post
(10-08-2019, 09:38 PM)eastmanschool Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 07:54 PM)Zissou Intern Wrote: Tom, I fully understand what happens when you find yourself north of spousal approval. Hence this thread! I wish EMS would buy this J35. I know it is right in his wheelhouse.

Keith, you’re right, it’s just my kind of guitar. if you want to start a go-fund-me in my name, please do. 

Steve, if I start a Go Fund Me page, it'll be for me to buy a '36 D18. Sadly, I don't think the masses would support my goal.
(10-08-2019, 04:36 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: When he gets a little lower, I might have to take a drive into the Bay Area.  Wink

Poor EMS can't go any lower. I'll either put it in the closet till it sells (to avoid dings), or else just put it into the rotation. Or trade it for - an archtop?

Enough about me, what does ZI's J-35 think about me?
Totally understand.  $900 is a great price on that guitar, and if ZI hadn't gotten me to jump on that BR-240A last month, I'd probably be making a drive to see you and get this set of buy/sell going.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(10-09-2019, 11:06 AM)Pura Vida Wrote: Totally understand.  $900 is a great price on that guitar, and if ZI hadn't gotten me to jump on that BR-240A last month, I'd probably be making a drive to see you and get this set of buy/sell going.

That ZI. Always hoisting himself on his own petard.
My wife is completely awesome about my guitar addiction, umm, collection.  But it was so much easier for her to not roll her eyes, umm, buy in on the BR Amazon deal.  But with the AC630-BD arriving next week, adding a third would be AWESOME, oops, is not possible, right now.
Piggy and AlanSam like this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(10-09-2019, 08:56 AM)eastmanschool Wrote:  
(10-08-2019, 04:36 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: When he gets a little lower, I might have to take a drive into the Bay Area.  Wink

Great question! I'll text him the middle of next week to find out.
(10-10-2019, 01:35 AM)Zissou Intern Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 08:56 AM)eastmanschool Wrote:

Great question! I'll text him the middle of next week to find out.     

But be gentle - I hear he is very highly strung.

(10-09-2019, 08:37 PM)Pura Vida Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 08:37 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: My wife is completely awesome about my guitar addiction, umm, collection.  But it was so much easier for her to not roll her eyes, umm, buy in on the BR Amazon deal.  But with the AC630-BD arriving next week, adding a third would be AWESOME, oops, is not possible, right now.

PV - be seen engrossed in the NYRB best seller - 'How to play the Bagpipes In Twenty Easy Lessons'. And wait. 
Pura Vida, sleigh, Zissou Intern like this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AC622CE (Sold) and E6D-TC Alpine(Traded) TomC 16 2,597 11-16-2021, 09:25 AM
Last Post: TomC