Top Grain On My E10D
Very nice Sleigh. My 2018 E40OM has a nice tan but it is definitely more uniform. I like the look of your E10.
Pura Vida and sleigh like this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
That is a great top on the OP’s guitar. Looks a lot like some of the Clarence White D28 martins I have seen.
Really tight straight grained quarter sawn Picea Rubens. (Red spruce)
I wish the top on my E40D looked like that!
On the outside edge of it the lines are almost 1/4 wide. But not much runout.
Red Spruce doesn’t seem to usually show as much silking ( medullary rays) as Sitka does.
Some of the wood that Eastman has been using is quite spectacular. And the best grades of wood used in guitars is getting harder to get now.
East Indian rosewood logs are getting smaller and smaller at the auctions in India.
But don’t worry about my wide grained top, it’s sounds really nice. And if I told you I got it on eBay for $1,100 shipped you might not believe me!
Sorry about the bad photo. I just noticed the glass over my phones camera is broken.
Pura Vida likes this post

Attached Files

Eastman
2016 E40d
2021 E6D-TC Alpine Swiss top
Martin
2003 D41 Special
2003 D18
1998 SPD-16R
1970 0018
Gibson
2016 J-15
1965 J-50 ADJ
Laravie
1991 Larivee C-09
Taylor
2000 810B LOTF
2000 410MACE LOTF
2000 310kce LOTF

11 Alvarez Yairi

Many many others

This is the picture I sent to Eastman. They said the reddish tint of the grain is indicative of Adirondack spruce. They may be right, or not, but I appreciate getting an actual response. Good customer service travels a long way with me.

The craftsmanship inside these guitars is just a thing to behold.
sleigh and Pura Vida like this post

Attached Files

When I looked at your original photo, it was really difficult to tell, especially with the burst finish.  But looking at your second photo of the inside, I would agree that it looks like the annual rings of Red Spruce.  Glad they got back to you and confirmed it, as well.
John-K likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  E8OM-TC Strange Rosewood Grain NepTune 6 1,706 12-23-2022, 06:09 AM
Last Post: mike.s0305