Tailpiece
I have an AR805ce.  The tailpiece recently broke at the metal hinge.  I'm told that this is a common issue with Eastman Guitars.  I reached out to both Eastman and the authorized dealer that sold me the guitar.  No response...nothing....just radio silence.  How can I get this resolved if the manufacturer won't even respond?  Thank you.
Did you buy it new? How many years old is it? I can't recall this problem being mentioned previously on this forum, although checking the Jazz Guitar Online forum I found this :- https://www.jazzguitar.be/forum/guitar-a...piece.html There seems to have been a few problems with some of the older Eastman tailpieces.
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
This was commonly reported over on the Mandolin Café. Your only hope is that the dealer will step up and insist on getting parts from the factory. If all else fails, there are other tailpieces available from the aftermarket, or you can have a new tailpiece made by a competent and experienced luthier.
"Act your age, not your shoe size" - Prince
If you are in the US, contact Eastman directly.  They've helped out customers before, so it doesn't hurt to ask them directly.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Update:  Eastman responded and sent me a replacement tailpiece.  I installed it, restrung, and now have tension back on the neck.  They will also have their authorized dealer look at the guitar (at a later date when this whole coronavirus nightmare is over) and make adjustments as necessary.  - Definitely will need as I've notice a few minor issues.  I'm very happy with Eastman's customer service.  Everyone stay safe and healthy!
AlanSam and Pura Vida like this post
That's great news!  Eastman has great CS, and I've read about them replacing tailpieces before.  Hope you stick around the EGF forum and post some photos of your AR805CE too!  Smile
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
You should post the issues maybe someone here can help . Chris Pile has alot of knowledge along with others

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uk resident seeking 805ce tailpiece. I have seen a thread but can’t find it. Anthony Rj 0 139 03-23-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: Anthony Rj
  tailpiece broke. where can i order one? thanks. bootsie 1 1,008 11-29-2021, 05:59 AM
Last Post: RoyBoy