T59v headstock question.
Hi all, first post here. I have been after a T59 for a while now and am watching one on eBay. It is a 2018 model with the older, larger headstock. As I understand it, Eastman changed the design in 2019 so that the G and D strings weren’t resting on the B and A string posts. I can see from the photos that the strings do indeed rest on the string posts. My question is obvious I suppose: how detrimental is the old design to tuning, tone and the overall playing experience? Thanks very much for any replies.
I have the T59 with the old head stock and I don't have a problem. It is not in any way detrimental to the playing experience. To be honest I quite like the old shape, but agree that the strings to run a little too close to the other posts.  Nevertheless, I don't think they actually touch, or if they do, it is just barely.  Shows how much notice I take of it.  I will have another look.

It certainly should not affect your decision to buy the guitar, at least from my point of view.
I checked and it is line ball whether they touch or not.  It is close.  Still it makes no difference.
Pura Vida likes this post
Thanks very much, very useful.
I have a 2017 T59V and the B string definitely touches the E post and the A string touches the low E post.   I don't know if this is an issue or not however this guitar has a very hard time staying in tune.  It doesn't take much to put the G and B strings out of tune.   Has anyone else had this experience and what did you do to remedy the issue?
Harmonious likes this post
rdgr & Harmonious, if tuning or the touching of the strings at the peg are a problem, then I would suggest trying a product named, "The String Butler". It attaches to the E and e string pegs and changes the string pull over the nut to perpendicular.
I've never previously heard of the String Butler - but found this:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPpsAGdAHKE
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
(03-09-2021, 08:27 PM)rdgr Wrote: I have a 2017 T59V and the B string definitely touches the E post and the A string touches the low E post.   I don't know if this is an issue or not however this guitar has a very hard time staying in tune.  It doesn't take much to put the G and B strings out of tune.   Has anyone else had this experience and what did you do to remedy the issue?

If your guitar is not staying in tune, it will be either the intonation or the nut. Assuming you have installed the strings properly in the post and don't have too many winds for example.  It is a common experience on guitars with this scale length apparently, including Les Pauls and probably SG's.  It might just need a bit of a set up by a good techinician/luthier.

It is most unlikely that the strings touching the posts will have any negative affect on the tuning.  I don't have an issue with mine at all.
Pura Vida likes this post
The String Butler looks interesting.   I'm not sure that it will work with the Eastman tuners.   Check out this youtube -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uDH9fI-...=DavidPaul.  He has some other tricks worth checking out.  Thanks for your responses.
Hi Rdgr - so, you have a few options, what are you going to do?
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  T59v Tuner Issue/Question srk515 2 359 03-26-2024, 09:36 AM
Last Post: AlanSam