T59v Amp recommendation for home use
Hi folks....
Just joined this forum and have a quick question please...
I have purchased my first Eastman (T59v/amb), which will not be with me until November and was wondering what amp would you recommend for use at home? I'd like to do it justice, so your thoughts would be much appreciated. My music style are as follows:- country, blues, rockabilly and rock. Thanks
Hi Jezza46 and welcome. I have a T486 and follow the same music styles as you do. My present amp is the Boss Katana 50 which more than suits my needs for home use.
I have a Roland Micro Cube GX (3W) which does me fine for home use - but I am not a connoisseur of things electric.
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Thanks guys....I have a Roland Blues Cube Hot and a Positive Grid Spark (which to be honest, I only use as a Bluetooth speaker to play backing tracks over). Maybe I'm already in the right ball park with the Roland??
AlanSam likes this post
You're not in the ballpark You hit a home run!
I was in guitar center over the weekend itching to buy something. I'm left-handed and they didn't have one left-handed guitar, well a cheap acoustic what is it. I walked past the cube hot 30 and being all about tube amps and not wanting at all for a amp I walked by . Slowly I turned and sat in front of it , way I don't know . Looking at variable power switch on a non-tube amp interesting??? The store manager that has always been informative walks by and says you'll love it .
$539 + tax and out the door we go . I didn't hear it at all but taking his word ( and so glad I did ) I love it ! I A/B'd it with my favorite amp a fender bass breaker running a analog delay with a holy Grail . This fender has had me sell most of my other amps . Well there's a new favorite clean with the cube . Here's my settings; [Image: XmPRx7x.jpg]
Tone boost on and no effects , oh set on 0.05W
Playing a Eastman sb59 in the neck position, Gibson 94T Wich is Gibsons p90 in a humbucker housing . Just wonderful and made me question how I thought the fender sounded so good . Roland really did something special and for $539+ tax wow , boutique tone at a fraction of the cost.
Jezza46, AlanSam, Pura Vida like this post
Hey Zeiss...great to hear that! I managed to pick mine up at a 2nd hand store. It was absolutely immaculate. I'd been reading up on them and watching reviews etc. then boom, I happened to be in a 2nd hand store and there was one in there. I knew I just had to get it. Great amp and the hype around them is real. There's a great video on youtube where a guy blind tests 5 amps. 4 are tube/valve amps, the 5th is the Roland. He prefers the sound of the Roland. When he takes his blindfold off he can't believe it. Unfortunately, he's a bit of a tone snob and almost refuses to accept the non tube amp was the winner. Started making excuses etc. Just goes to prove how good it is....
AlanSam and Pura Vida like this post
Jezza I'm going to look for that video , can't be wait to see it .
I saw this is your first Eastman , I'm sure you'll love it especially that model. There's only been a few I wasn't crazy about and they were still ok . I have a 386 with Gibson 57's and a Les Paul wiring harness that is so got i sold my two actually Gibson 335's , one was a 1972 .
I have a T 146 with a Seymour Duncan 59 that let my sell off my heritage eagle . I've also owned many Gibson Les Paul's from a 74 custom to a custom shop Junior and kept the sb59 and sold the Gibson .
Funny you mention snob , I have to admit I was a American guitar one and same with tube amps . My first Eastman was so good it opened my eyes to a new guitar world .
Please give a review with pics of your TV59 with pics when you get it ?
Jezza46 likes this post
(08-23-2021, 04:17 PM)Zeiss Wrote: Jezza I'm going to look for that video , can't be wait to see it .
I saw this is your first Eastman , I'm sure you'll love it especially that model. There's only been a few I wasn't crazy about and they were still ok . I have a 386 with Gibson 57's and a Les Paul wiring harness that is so got i sold my two actually Gibson 335's , one was a 1972 .
I have a T 146 with a Seymour Duncan 59 that let my sell off my heritage eagle . I've also owned many Gibson Les Paul's from a 74 custom to a custom shop Junior and kept the sb59 and sold the Gibson .
Funny you mention snob , I have to admit I was a American guitar one and same with tube amps . My first Eastman was so good it opened my eyes to a new guitar world .
Please give a review with pics of your TV59 with pics when you get it ?

I most certainly will. The YouTube vid is from Andertons UK. Its the owner (Lee) who does the blind test. Not sure if its a BC Hot or Stage or Artist, but you'll get the gist of it mate.
I was going to suggest the Roland Blues Cube Stage, which is what I have, but I see you already have the Blues Cube Hot.  You would have to go a long way to get better than that, for what you want.
Jezza46 likes this post
(08-24-2021, 10:28 PM)Lukew Wrote: I was going to suggest the Roland Blues Cube Stage, which is what I have, but I see you already have the Blues Cube Hot.  You would have to go a long way to get better than that, for what you want.

Thanks Luke, funnily enough I was interested in the Stage, but when I saw the Hot I just went for it. Pleased I did and it seems I made the right decision.
Lukew likes this post