T59 / T486 specs
I was looking on Reverb at the T-59 and T-486 models and for the most part seem identical with only a few changes, the main ones being the stock pickups and available finishes.

On wood selection, I have seen more T-486's with flamed maple top, back and sides, than on the T59's. It's odd how there seems to be this random use of differently figured woods. Other brands (who shall remain unnamed) that have a plainer and "figured" laminates in the same model place a premium $$ price on the figured / selected woods used.

For those on a tight budget  if the difference between Seth Lover and the "Jazz/59" pairs is irrelevant the T-486 appears to be a best buy at a low "new" price of $999 compared to $1355.

Anyway, here's a spec comparison. To those fortunate owners of both, how do the Seth Lover pups of the T59 stack up against the Jazz/59 pair in the T486? 

Regards,

Gary
Good comparison Gary, I believe price point is the marketing method. Same as the flattop AC420 vs E8D, AC420 sells for less... mostly the same guitar. Also, similar configs in the mandolins, violins, etc.
Makes the instruments affordable but high quality has been the trademark. bert
I like comparisons like this post as ultimately they save me and hopefully others duplicity and money :-)
Regards,

Gary
(12-19-2017, 05:51 AM)gnappi Wrote: I was looking on Reverb at the T-59 and T-486 models and for the most part seem identical with only a few changes, the main ones being the stock pickups and available finishes.

On wood selection, I have seen more T-486's with flamed maple top, back and sides, than on the T59's. It's odd how there seems to be this random use of differently figured woods. Other brands (who shall remain unnamed) that have a plainer and "figured" laminates in the same model place a premium $$ price on the figured / selected woods used.

For those on a tight budget  if the difference between Seth Lover and the "Jazz/59" pairs is irrelevant the T-486 appears to be a best buy at a low "new" price of $999 compared to $1355.

Anyway, here's a spec comparison. To those fortunate owners of both, how do the Seth Lover pups of the T59 stack up against the Jazz/59 pair in the T486? 

I would say the tuners on the T59 are upgrades as well.
Garcon
[attachment=27]
(12-23-2017, 09:32 PM)Garcon Wrote: I would say the tuners on the T59 are upgrades as well.

Different yes, upgrade? If they're the SD90-05M, maybe if you like them, but I prefer the "Gibsonish" plastic keystone heads. the SD90-05's have small heads and if I owned them I'd change them out for the keystone heads because I have carpal tunnel and those little heads hurt my wrist while tuning.

OTOH, all of the pics of the back of the T59 and T486 show the SAME heads, maybe they had a spec change?
Regards,

Gary
(12-23-2017, 11:46 PM)gnappi Wrote:
(12-23-2017, 09:32 PM)Garcon Wrote: I would say the tuners on the T59 are upgrades as well.

Different yes, upgrade? If they're the SD90-05M, maybe if you like them, but I prefer the "Gibsonish" plastic keystone heads. the SD90-05's have small heads and if I owned them I'd change them out for the keystone heads because I have carpal tunnel and those little heads hurt my wrist while tuning.

OTOH, all of the pics of the back of the T59 and T486 show the SAME heads, maybe they had a spec change?

That is certainly possible. Eastman would hardly be the first guitar maker to change parts from time to time.
Garcon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Having trouble finding Eastman specs Rad 12 3,701 04-07-2019, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Charvel2