T186MX-BD on eBay
It's currently available at $800 + shipping with two days remaining on the auction. Could be a nice score for someone interested in this model. Usual "no affiliation with seller" comments apply.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Eastman-T186MX-..._Auction=1
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(10-23-2018, 01:18 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: It's currently available at $800 + shipping with two days remaining on the auction. Could be a nice score for someone interested in this model. Usual "no affiliation with seller" comments apply.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Eastman-T186MX-..._Auction=1

I've been waiting to pull the trigger on posts like this because I've missed a couple of gits in EXACTLY situations like this.

Bear in mind, you guys are a great resource and there's no insult meant, but I always wonder why people advertise gits (not theirs) for sale.

Maybe they don't think someone on this board (or whatever board) may already have a bid and what might have been a good git at a fair price winds up being a bidding war costing everyone in the loop more money?

Once it hits all of the forums what could have been is no longer. Maybe? Does it make sense?

If not, let me put it this way:

Giving a heads up to player too freakin' busy, lazy, stupid for their own good (or whatever reason) to find their own deals SHOULD be kept in the dark. Maybe?

Now giving a heads up on a nice new / unusual git at retail where no bidding war can occur I have no problem with this type of thread.

I'll take a hit from you folks if I'm off base on this one, but I don't think I am.
Bert likes this post
Regards,

Gary
Scary low price is a giveaway for me, say it ain't so. Maybe this one is legit but... flags flags.

Scamsville is going to all time lows. I got a robo call the other day from (supposedly) my ins company, "this is not a scales call"... there's your sign!

Be extra wary of anybody who won't talk with you on the phone is my golden rule.
It's like many auctions, start low, have a BIN of 50% higher which disappears after the first bid, nothing unusual there.
Regards,

Gary
Bert, the auction price is in line with the price I got my T185MX for. Sometimes these auction listings have a minimum bid (didn't look that closely).

Gary, this is a pretty small group, and the T186MX-BD doesn't come around very often. The post is meant to highlight it to someone who may be interested, but may not have seen it. I understand your point, but with our relatively small group, it's doubtful that my post is going to create a bidding war.
(10-24-2018, 08:03 AM)Pura Vida Wrote: Bert, the auction price is in line with the price I got my T185MX for. Sometimes these auction listings have a minimum bid (didn't look that closely).

Gary, this is a pretty small group, and the T186MX-BD doesn't come around very often. The post is meant to highlight it to someone who may be interested, but may not have seen it. I understand your point, but with our relatively small group, it's doubtful that my post is going to create a bidding war.

It only takes two to start a bidding war. It's B-I-G world and lazy asses who can't or won't do their own shopping should play crappenzola guitars... IMO and I am unanimous in that opinion :-)

OH, besides new gits, I also have no problem on reporting "Buy it Now" low priced GR8 on used deals. No bidding war possible.
Regards,

Gary
Sold for $835... only three bids... winning bid was the only one made today. Someone got a nice deal on this T186MX-BD.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up 2016 T186MX EFSglass 0 690 01-16-2021, 03:19 PM
Last Post: EFSglass