T184mx fail.....T484 success
I’ve owned two T486’s, one with a Bigsby and one without and I wanted a smaller body thinline this time. I’m old and lazy and play sitting on couch a lot and 16” bout guitars don’t do that well.  

I hunted for a used T184 I could afford, like an idiot I did not realize Eastman came out with a T484 recently.

I found a T184 for a great price, no case but I did not need one. That did not go well, see the Ebony fingerboard. The store I bought from online  was very apologetic  and refunded me after they saw my photos.

I suspect because this guitar came from an area close to the many west coast fires that the guitar in its case may have been exposed to severe heat, destroying the case and damaging the guitar.

[Image: xvyaDyV.jpg][Image: w0KRoDt.jpg]

I discovered the new T484 and ordered one....Wonderful guitar.  Stunning neck and fingerboard as usual from Eastman and she has very nice tone.  I’m very happy.

[Image: VoSY0EM.jpg][Image: VViuFS7.jpg]

[Image: XUniT92.jpg][Image: OU66Goq.jpg]
AlanSam and NoiseFloor like this post
I was just about to comment on the T184 thread, when I saw this update.  Bummer about the solid body, but congrats on the brand new T484.  I'd like to try one of them out, someday.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  T484? macguitarman 0 1,325 11-26-2020, 02:28 PM
Last Post: macguitarman