Schertler Lydia Active EQ
I just bought a used AC320CE and found out it has a Schertler Lydia Active EQ system in it. Never heard of one of these. Are these any good? I figured the twin dials in the sound hole are tone and volume. What is the third dial on the bottom of the sound hole?
Volume, bass and treble, according to this page:

​​​​​​https://www.tfoa.eu/en/schertler-lydia-eq-undersaddle-pickup.html

Also found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5JRfh9Pe7M

(Google is your friend)

CJ
AlanSam likes this post
Yep those are the same sites I found when I used Google, however they didn't answer my questions. I spent some time with the guitar last night and found

1. The volume control is the single pot in the bottom of the sound hole
2. The white knob on the top of the sound hole is for the treble and the black one is bass.
3. The system trends toward treble and it is very touchy. Small movements of the dial make big changes.

I am not a fan of this system, wish it had a Fishman.
(02-12-2022, 12:19 PM)neilca Wrote: Yep those are the same sites I found when I used Google, however they didn't answer my questions. I spent some time with the guitar last night and found

1. The volume control is the single pot in the bottom of the sound hole
2. The white knob on the top of the sound hole is for the treble and the black one is bass.
3. The system trends toward treble and it is very touchy. Small movements of the dial make big changes.

I am not a fan of this system, wish it had a Fishman.

I've recently purchased the same model of a guitar and it also has Schertler Lydia Active pickup system installed.
In my case if I turn the treble knob up, PU starts generating too much of (white) noise. Does your pickup system behave in the same manner?

I don't know how good Fishman Matrix VT is (apparently AC320CE usually come equipped with such PU model based on google search).
I see Schertler Lydia costs double of what Fishman costs so my first thought was that it might be better. But as I said, I have no experience with Fishman PU, this was only based on assumption that Schertler might be of a better quality (but now I doubt it since I experience such noise issues - perhaps that might be due to a contact issue between the saddle and UST? I didn't try to remove the saddle yet).

Btw, how satisfied are you with the guitar? Which strings gauge do you have on it if you know (mine came with I think 12s, my fingers hurt quite a bit while playing Smile )
How much did you pay for it if I may ask?
I was hoping to play some fingerstyle, but perhaps it's not for that. I really would like to keep the guitar (I really like the sound when strumming, but would also like to use it for fingerpicking). Not sure if changing the strings to some lighter gauge would help (for fingerpicking style)?

Thanks in advance!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shertler lydia eq pickup droptune56 0 915 04-06-2018, 08:12 PM
Last Post: droptune56