Saddle issue on my PCH3gace
I bought a PCH3gace used in Mint condition approx 3 months ago. Action was low Neck straight nothing that I could see was wrong with the guitar. I played the guitar with the strings that came with in and about a 5-6 weeks ago
I changed strings. After changing the strings I noticed a severe forward lean of the saddle. The Original saddle that the guitar came with had been shaved down quite a bit so I replaced it with a new one. Had the same issue. I found out that Eastman's saddles are 4mm wide. The one I put in was speced at 3.2mm. I contacted Eastman who were nice enough to send me a couple of their bone saddles. Tried to put a new one in my guitar and both were to wide. Contacted Eastman again explaining and sending Pic's of the saddle with the forward lean. They sent me 2 more saddles. Same issue?!?!?! Anyone have any idea's as to what might solve this problem? I've Never had this happen before and I'm at a lose as what to do.
Eastman E1SS                                       Guild D40E
Eastman AC322ce                                  Guild D20E
                                                            Guild D2512 12 string
Eastman  E1D-CLA  (Split Bridge Sad )      G&L ASAT Special Tribute                            
Eastman E2D-BK   (Lifting Bridge  Angry )         
Are you in the USA?  The reason I ask is I inquired about getting a saddle from Eastman USA and was told to talk to my retailer.  Of course, they did not have any Eastman saddles.  I used an aftermarket which was slightly narrower (end to end) but worked ok.

Too thin is a problem.  Too thick can be corrected with a piece of sandpaper.  Lay the sandpaper on a flat surface and rub the saddle against it, checking it periodically for fit.

CJ
(05-22-2022, 10:54 AM)cjhorne Wrote: Are you in the USA?  The reason I ask is I inquired about getting a saddle from Eastman USA and was told to talk to my retailer.  Of course, they did not have any Eastman saddles.  I used an aftermarket which was slightly narrower (end to end) but worked ok.

Too thin is a problem.  Too thick can be corrected with a piece of sandpaper.  Lay the sandpaper on a flat surface and rub the saddle against it, checking it periodically for fit.

CJ
Yes, In Connecticut . I did sand down the width of the the saddle a hair so it would fit in the slot and made sure the bottom of the saddle is "Flat". It still has the forward lean. I've also removed the strings, took the saddle out. pushed the piezo p/u out and made sure there was nothing in the slot and the P/U was "flat". Still leans forward. I'm at a lose. I've never had this issue in 22 years of playing and "Many" guitars owned and restrung.
Eastman E1SS                                       Guild D40E
Eastman AC322ce                                  Guild D20E
                                                            Guild D2512 12 string
Eastman  E1D-CLA  (Split Bridge Sad )      G&L ASAT Special Tribute                            
Eastman E2D-BK   (Lifting Bridge  Angry )         
I picked up a 'used' AC622CE in March of this year from Dave's Guitar Shop. Noticed that the saddle leaned backwards. No problem I thought. I'll just replace it. Not so fast old man! The slot for the saddle is cut at an angle. The saddle will lean backwards no matter what. That and some other reasons are why the guitar left Eastman as 'used'. It has pretty good intonation so the leaning saddle isn't messing up that. The neck is over set a bit just like the E40D I got a year earlier. The actions on my five Eastman's are where I want them. At least the two don't have under set necks like a lot of Martin's I've read about! Love Eastman's!
Pura Vida likes this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Original bone saddle vs Tusq saddle. An uograde? Gustavo Eiriz 5 1,551 02-27-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Pura Vida