SOLD > Nickel Gotoh 510 1:21 Tuning Machines (SGV510Z-A20-NI)
SOLD

I am new to this forum, but I feel this is the best place for a rare item I have.  I've sold hundreds of items in eBay / Reverb / other forums... you can trust me :-) 

I have a brand new set of Gotoh SGV510Z Nickel tuning machines (limited availability) that are a direct replacement for many of the factory chrome machines.  They have the same button style and centerline screw hole.

I found them on a Japan ebay store about a year ago when I was looking to upgrade... but I ultimately never installed them as I traded the AC522CE I owned.  I ended up paying $120 for these after shipping charges.

Example of your OEM Tuners that these Gotoh 510 will replace.  VERY Important that the screw lines up with the center of the circle/gear cover of the tuning machine on your current guitar.  This ensures screw holes will line up!
1st Attachment > What your Machines should look like (gold or chrome)

Actual Tuning Machines you would Received:
2nd Attachment > Close Up
3rd Attachment > Full View of Box and Tuners
4th Attachment > Label on Box

Attached Files

1:21 tuners are pretty slow for most guitars - almost annoyingly so. They work very well for short scale stuff.
"Act your age, not your shoe size" - Prince
(11-22-2019, 09:50 AM)Chris Pile Wrote: 1:21 tuners are pretty slow for most guitars - almost annoyingly so. They work very well for short scale stuff.

To me it's the exact opposite... there is nothing better than Gotoh 510 21:1 smooth / ultra-precise adjustments... especially working in alternate tunings.

Now I can definitely see where changing strings could get annoying if you're not using a winder.

It's a preference ultimately... kinda like the endless saddle / string material threads.  I put Gotoh 510 21:1 on every instrument I can get them to fit on.
Interesting trivia.... Gotoh includes the number 510 in their literature and on their tuners. Phonetically speaking (in English) that is what Gotoh sounds like pronounced in Japanese.
AlanSam likes this post
"Act your age, not your shoe size" - Prince
(11-22-2019, 11:46 AM)Chris Pile Wrote: Interesting trivia.... Gotoh includes the number 510 in their literature and on their tuners. Phonetically speaking (in English) that is what Gotoh sounds like pronounced in Japanese.

That is a cool bit of trivia... just tried it in Google.  You can type in "5" and hear the Japanese pronunciation... and then "10" separately... that gives you the phonetic "Five Ten" in Japanese.  Thanks for that
AlanSam likes this post