Pulling the Trigger E1D
I am needing another Dread. I have owned a 1980 Guild D25 purchased new in 1980. Been a great ride. Love the guitar. I'm not impressed with their affordable China Westerly series so I picked up the E1 last at a dealer last week and it checked all the box's and had a wonderful tone. The quilt TC finish is awesome. I saw a you tube review and this guy was showing how heavy the neck was. It would drop to the side in his lap if he didn't hold on. I didn't test this at the dealer and wonder if was or still is true?  Would like to hear any input you may have on my selection. Thanks
Hey Tom - I've not had an issue with neck drop. I don't think you will have an issue with it. Congrats on the E1 guitar. That's a great series for the price - I think you will enjoy it!  Let us know your thoughts once you receive it.
sleigh and TomC like this post
Thanks. Picked it up Saturday. Great guitar but may have an issue with the tuners.
sleigh likes this post
I have a E1D and E1OM and use the leather head stock strap attachments so no neck dive. I prefer this now to my other guitars with two strap buttons on the body. I also have had zero issues with the tuners. If it`s new make sure the strings are stretched out well both mine had new strings and took almost a week of heavy playing to completely stabilize? Congrats on your new guitar.
Takemine Ef340SCNG (japan)
Eastman E1OM classic finish
Eastman E1D natural finish
Recording King RDS-9-12
Taylor 310 USA owned for 10 years (Sold)
PRS Parlor (Returned)
Kai KTI 700 tenor Ukulele
Alvarez baritone Ukulele
Carvin LB75 Koa bass
Sho-Bud Professional Steel
8 electrics - Fender, Carvin and a custom tele and strat I built 
I think the 1s and 2s are fantastic Eastmans. Congrats.