Played Santa Cruz Dread yesterday
All I can say is WOW. I'm not sure which model it was, but it had an Adi top and hog sides. A beautiful tortoise binding. Very simple appointments and small dot inlays. But man this guitar was probably the best I've ever played in my life. Sweet, crisp, projected like none other I've played. LOUD when I dug in, but very sweet when I played it fingerstyle. I was absolutely blown away. My first experience playing a Santa Cruz, and now I understand why they're so highly regarded. Only reason I didn't walk out with it was due to the fact that it was $6K used!!!
AlanSam, sagebrush tom, DukeS like this post
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2023 Eastman E2D
WAY out of my financial league!
SasquatchLife likes this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
(02-25-2024, 01:36 PM)sleigh Wrote: WAY out of my financial league!

Me too sleigh!
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2023 Eastman E2D
Yeah - I've played some Santa Cruz guitars. Super nice! But then..... the price tag!
AlanSam and SasquatchLife like this post
I have played a few Santa Cruz small body guitars and everyone of them have been just an outstanding sounding guitar that I should own one by now. The 1929 all mahogany series, the H13, their 00 and of course their Eric Skye 00. All great models for anyone who loves the 0, 00 or even the 000. One of these days....
AlanSam, sleigh, Meathead, SasquatchLife like this post
2015 E20 OM SB Eastman
2021 000-15 SM Martin
2016 00-18 Martin
2015 E10 00 Eastman
I would strongly agree with SBT on the H13. It was a deep body 00 impeccably made. BUT for me not quite what I wanted. Absolutely no reflection on the guitar. I am just not a 00 kind of guy. I also tried a SCGC D/PW. Now that was a guitar. Best dread I have ever played in my limited guitar playing experiences. And as everyone has mentioned - big money. It would have to be be my primary/only guitar to justify it. Hence the H13 went down the road.
sleigh, SasquatchLife, AlanSam, DukeS like this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Santa Cruz guitars... Meathead 11 4,488 04-09-2019, 01:32 PM
Last Post: TomC