Pickguard AC720 ?
Hey all, I have an AC720, I bought about 10 years ago, love it but over the years I been scratchin away enough that I'm thinkin about a pickguard now. Questions, where to go and what size should I look for. Thanks for any help.
You can probably put on any style that appeals to your eye. Measure the diameter of the sound hole rosette you want to match. Contact Taylor Mullins at Holter Pickguards. His pricing has gone up a lot lately, but his quality is second to none. 

Another choice is Terrapin Guitars. Here is a link to various designs - http://www.terrapinguitars.com/index2_ph...ticContent . You can print out the shapes and lay them on your guitar and check for appearance. 

Last little notes - most guards I have seen don't start right at the edge of the soundhole. Even with a guard on there might be some of the scratches that wouldn't be covered. Also I can think of one guitar that never had a guard and it's appearance is iconic. Good luck with whatever direction you decide.
Chirish and Pura Vida like this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
I haven't ordered a guard from Taylor Mullins lately.  I was going to order new ones for my Alpine TCs, but we couldn't seem to connect (I know that he's been really busy).  What's he charging for a new guard?

My question aside... I highly recommend Taylor Mullins for a great quality, custom made guard.  I have his guards on many of my guitars, and if Eastman hadn't stepped up their guards in the last year or two, I would have them on the Alpine.  I'm hoping the new MR TC have decent guards on them, so I don't have to replace them.
Chirish likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
I have paid $60-$65 for the last three guards from Taylor, includes shipping. That is getting a little high. I think the first one I bought was $45. The quality is always excellent. He is quite busy and patience is required.

One quick story. In Gibson style guards, Taylor is/was offering a "fire stripe" and a "tiger stripe" pattern. For my E6SS I picked the wrong pattern. Taylor said no problem and made a second one without expecting me to buy the wrong one even though it was my mistake. My conscious wouldn't let me stick him with a wrong custom pickguard. He altered the circumference on the rosette and I put it on my Farida OT-22. The two of them cost $120.

Great customer service but I will admit a little heavy on the price. BUT - I was looking for a guard for a SS dread and contacted Collins because I liked their guards and design. I was quoted $150. This was 3 years ago.
Chirish likes this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
Thx.  The last guard I got from him was $65, so I probably purchased after the last price increase.  It's pricy, but everything is more expensive lately, so I still think it's worth it.  We spend $600, $1000, $2000, and up on guitars, so I'm ok with spending a few $$ more on a custom guard, which can make a big aesthetic difference on the guitar.

I factor a new guard and proper setup into my initial costs.  Lately, I haven't needed either one, since Eastman's guards have gotten better lately.  I'll definitely need to replace my MR TC OM, when it arrives, b/c I prefer the longer shape ("000" style, not "OM" style).  I think you prefer the same style, so when our guitars arrive, you can tell Taylor to make one for each of us, LOL.  Smile
Chirish and TomC like this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young