PSA - AC422 at GuitarCenter
Not sure if this should be in the 'No Affiliation' section, so apologies if it should.

But I wanted the forum members to know that I just returned a really nice AC422 (non-cutaway) to GuitarCenter.  I had noticed it when it was listed as an 'AC22' and the price was maybe $750, but it sold and was removed.  It was then returned and eventually the price dropped to $600, so I snagged it after I confirmed that it was 422 (Hoping it was an 822, but no such luck!).

It is a really nice guitar for $600.  The top is creamy white with some nice, subtle figuring.  It sounded really nice, and has no dings or scratches.  It is pristine.  But it has 3 downsides IMHO.  the top has a small knot in the wood, lower bout treble side.  It looks like a ding from a distance, but it is a small knot.  The grain is really wide and a bit lighter on the sides particularly north of the waist (back is darker and nice, straight and tighter grain).  And finally, it came with a gig bag and not a case (despite being listed with a case).  I've got a copule of pics if anyone wants to see them.

I almost kept it.  But between the three instruments in this category that I own (this AC422, an E10OM-TC which is for sale and a new Furch Red Masters series), I am going to keep the Furch.  They all sounded great, but different.  The AC422 has a great chime and is a bit more understated.  The E10OM-TC has some great depth.  The Furch is right in the middle (and frankly I bought it new and would lose my shirt if I sold it).  So, the Furch stays.

But...for $600 for a really nice guitar with a few little issues, I thought I would point it out to everyone.  It will probably take a day or a few days to be live on GC website again.  Prob will still be listed as an AC22, FWIW.
Meathead, AlanSam, sleigh, TomC, Winfielder like this post