Ok...I get it now.
Hi everyone...new T486 just arrived, and I am floored.  I'd heard the buzz, read the reviews, even played one of these in a store several months ago.  Began craving a Gibson ES335, but was unwilling to part with the cash for a new one.  Enter an Eastman, at a boutique store near me in Charlotte NC.

Anyway, long story short, I'm no stranger to guitars.  Been obsessed with these instruments for decades, own/have owned way too many, built a number (all acoustics) with a world-class luthier, and know what quality is.  And for the money, I am flabbergasted.  I've asked one of the moderators, Pura Vida, to give me an inservice posting photos, and when I can I'll post pics of the guitar.  

I'm kind of torn between thinking I should shout about this from the top of my lungs, and thinking I should shut the h*ll up lest the prices on these things soar and shove me out of the market.  I'm guessing I'm not the only person to feel that way.

Glad to be here, and I totally get it now.  

Bill
corrough, nopicknick, Lukew, AlanSam, Pura Vida like this post
Eastman Flame Red T486, Eastman Amber SB59/V, Gibson Tobacco Burst Midtown Custom, Fender Magnificent 7 Tele, Fender Buttercream Roadhouse Strat, Epiphone Cherryburst ES339 Pro w/ P90s, Nickerson Brazilian/Adi FC3, Nickerson Cocobolo/Redwood FC3
[Image: JaG2Gby.jpg]
Lukew, aant, nopicknick, Pura Vida like this post
Eastman Flame Red T486, Eastman Amber SB59/V, Gibson Tobacco Burst Midtown Custom, Fender Magnificent 7 Tele, Fender Buttercream Roadhouse Strat, Epiphone Cherryburst ES339 Pro w/ P90s, Nickerson Brazilian/Adi FC3, Nickerson Cocobolo/Redwood FC3
Utterly gorgeous. If you decide to hate it, I'll dispose of it for you.
"Act your age, not your shoe size" - Prince
Welcome, Bill (Bob)!  It looks like you figured out the photos, which is great.  The flame on those T486 guitars are amazing, and yours may be one of the best I've ever seen.  Eastman is still a little bit of a secret (although the word is getting out), but those who know, know.  Enjoy that beautiful guitar and hope you enjoy the EGF.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
[Image: MlnFH98.jpg]
aant, nopicknick, Pura Vida like this post
Beautiful....congratulations on a superbly crafted instrument.
E10ss/v 02/23/23
SB55DC/v 03/15/23
Look at that flame... wow! Congratulations and welcome to the forum!
Yes, yes, I'm gushing.  But I changed strings and went to Slinky hybrids.  And it's as good with those as it was the 11s that came on it.  Required a little intonation adjustment, but that's all.  Neck required nothing.  And I've seen a few people say they don't like the slimmer neck on these (vs the chunkier Gibsons) but I'm smitten.  It's fast, and the frets are a dream.  I cannot find a single flaw on this guitar.  Mind is just blown.  The equivalent Gibson, or even Heritage, would be 2-3x the price of this guitar, and that's the "Dot' model.  

Amazing value in these instruments.
Lukew, Meathead, Pura Vida like this post
Welcome. I felt/feel the same way. Now I have four Eastmans (and want more). Great guitars at any price.
Pura Vida likes this post
Bob The cat is out of the bag . Luckily the thin line Eastman's haven't jumped up in price too high yet. The solid bodies are getting mighty pricey .
450 I agree and have sold all but one Gibson and replaced with Eastman's .
Bob be ready for the addiction to start lol. You posted that pic and now I want another Eastman ( I thank you ) my wife does not Smile