OM replacement pickguard
I have an E20 OM, and I love everything about the guitar except the pickguard. It’s so dark that it looks like one of those black pickguards Martin used in the 70s and 80s. Can anyone tell me where to find the right size replacement? Also, how hard is it to remove the original? Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks, Steve
Hi, Steve.  There are several places to find replacement guards.  Many of us have used and recommend Holter Pickguards, who will make a high quality custom guard for your guitar.  There are less expensive options out there, but his guards and service are excellent.

As for the replacement, if you search here or elsewhere online, you'll find that it's not too difficult to remove and replace a pickguard.  Several of us have used a hairdryer to gently apply heat and then use a credit card or similar to slowly pull away the guard (slow and steady is the key!).  The most time consuming part is to clean up the glue residue on the guitar, which can be laborious to remove.  I've replaced the guards on most of my guitars with Holter guards, and they've all turned out fine.
houston57 and TomC like this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(01-23-2023, 08:29 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: Hi, Steve.  There are several places to find replacement guards.  Many of us have used and recommend Holter Pickguards, who will make a high quality custom guard for your guitar.  There are less expensive options out there, but his guards and service are excellent.

As for the replacement, if you search here or elsewhere online, you'll find that it's not too difficult to remove and replace a pickguard.  Several of us have used a hairdryer to gently apply heat and then use a credit card or similar to slowly pull away the guard (slow and steady is the key!).  The most time consuming part is to clean up the glue residue on the guitar, which can be laborious to remove.  I've replaced the guards on most of my guitars with Holter guards, and they've all turned out fine.

Thanks so much, Pura Vida. I will check out Holder and have a go at it.

all the best, Steve
(01-23-2023, 08:29 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: Hi, Steve.  There are several places to find replacement guards.  Many of us have used and recommend Holter Pickguards, who will make a high quality custom guard for your guitar.  There are less expensive options out there, but his guards and service are excellent.

Couldn't have said it better.
Pura Vida likes this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
hi guys,

fyi, i'm copying and pasting this thread to the "Parts, Upgrades, Eastman Compatibility" sub-thread in the Eastman Guitar Resources  section.

trust that's ok. ( musta been a file clerk or librarian in a previous life.  ; )

noah
Steve Yarbrough, Pura Vida, TomC like this post
eastman ar403ce
eastman ac222ce-ov
taylor 322 12 fret
recording  king, series 11-000
recording king ro-328
godin exit 22
I’m looking to replace my pick guard as well and am considering going with Holter. Except mint is too light colored for me and am wanting a very dark tortoise borderline black. If only trading pick guards was a simple transaction.
Steve Yarbrough likes this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Re: Pickguard Replacement timing...? Madhat007 5 1,815 01-23-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: sagebrush tom