New / used T165MX
First post, and let me say that it's good to see an Eastman specific site, I will do my best to "spread the word" for you. I saw this site mentioned on the tapatalk site which I am not a member of but visit there infrequently.

That said, at this time I only have one Eastman a recently acquired T165 MX. It's a single cut MX, the back sides, and 3 piece neck are mahogany, the top is fiddle back maple and the FB is ebony. In every respect this is a first rate. Compared to any of the Gibson models I own (which is a few) of very similar construction (semi hollow single cut) it stands shoulder to shoulder to, and definitely takes a back seat to none of them.

Unfortunately for me, I discovered Eastman gits too late to avoid some mistakes in the past, but I think I may not be buying another. At some point I was considering a T186MX, as well as an AR372CE but this one is so darn good I'm not playing very many other gits at this point and can't justify the expense.

[Image: eastman_t165mx.jpg]
Regards,

Gary
Welcome, gnappi! That's a beautiful guitar. I can see why it gets all the attention. :)
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Wow.....that is a beautiful guitar.
E10ss/v 02/23/23
SB55DC/v 03/15/23
Thanks, I got it from a Jazzer who played a very up level boutique git (a Collings SoCo) and decided the MX was redundant. Redundant??? So what he was saying it was substantially close enough to a nearly $6k git that he wanted a change in tone and playability? WOW, that says a LOT and I have to agree.

This one is modded with Lindy Fralin pups. I really like the single cut profile of semi hollow gits, it's too bad this one was discontinued.

Regards,

Gary