New to the Eastman club
Been through many many guitars over the past 25 years, but only recently took the plunge into the Eastman guitar realm. I was looking for a smaller bodied model with a slim C shaped neck, 1 and 3/4 nut width, and short scale, and found it all in a Eastman e00 OO M12. I've owned a number of all mahogany guitars, both late model and vintage, and always loved the sweet, mellow tone, so when I came across this all mahogany offering from Eastman listed on a guitar shop website about an hour and a half away, I quickly made the trip and walked out with what at first glance and play seems to be a really great looking and sounding guitar. I'm sure you all know what these particular models look like, but I'll try and snap a few pictures and post them.
AlanSam and sleigh like this post
Spock - there are a number of people on this forum who would love to own your rare (no longer produced) all mahogany guitar. I look forward to your pics.
Here is a vid of one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJqhd6v-q9c

ps welcome to our little community and do hang around.
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
We've definitely had members bemoan Eastman's decision to stop production of this model. You own a rarity, Spock!  Welcome to the EGF though, and yes, pics would be appreciated.
AlanSam likes this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
Lucky find and I've searched pretty dang hard!!!
AlanSam likes this post
Lovely! I remember when they went for like 700 euros about 4 years ago. It's revolting what happened to the prices of these but no doubt they'll collapse again once the fad of picking up the guitar as a pandemic hobby really sees its end.
Judging by the serial number, it seems this sweet guitar was born in July of 2014. Here are a few photos I shot today.

[Image: uuecwOD.jpg]

[Image: riSVDLK.jpg]

[Image: sQFg4h6.jpg]
Charlieb, AlanSam, sleigh like this post
Yep - Eastman make some of the best looking and playing guitars around. congratulations!
sleigh likes this post
Alan
So whats your opinion on that model? I've never played one but have always thought it was possibly the model I would be most interested in. I've had 4 different Eastman models and yet to be totally in awe of any. Taking my Parlor to a luthier friend and see if he can get it more to my liking. Work on playability and see if he can help with the unwanted bothersome tone doubling fixed.

Oh and what neck profile does the 00M have was hoping it had a little thicker neck depth than my OM?? I like the even C just want it a bit thicker neck for my ultimate comfort.

And especially if the 00M is what I perceive it to be it really T's me off that Eastman has decided to never make another 00-M model

P.S and if you ever get to wanting something else let me know as I would be very interested.
Charlieb,
   My initial impressions are quite favorable. I don't profess to be an expert in describing tone in guitars, but have always found all mahogany guitars to be a bit darker and more somber as opposed to bright and cheerful, if that makes any sense. I play a fair amount of fingerstyle without picks of any kind, and I find the all mahogany guitars to be excellent for the type of things I play on it. Sweet is a word that usually comes to mind when I think of how it sounds - it's not going to bowl anyone over with brashness or growl, but that is exactly how I prefer it. I have other guitars to fit that bill.

Over the many years I have collected and played guitars, I have come to the conclusion that, at least for me, the neck profile on a guitar is the most important technical aspect of the instrument that determines how much I enjoy playing it. If it doesn't feel right in MY hand - too fat, too thin, too much V shape, etc. - it can sound like a chorus of angels tone wise, but I just won't reach for it to play. This Eastman neck checks that box in spades for me - a normal C shape with minimal shoulder, not as thin as my 94 Taylor, but not too beefy either. Secondary to neck profile, I have a strong preference for a 1 and 3/4 nut width, and a short scale, and again, this guitar has both. 

So, in essence, I am very pleased so far and anticipate it will sound even better as I continue to play it more. The fact that it is cosmetically stunning as well doesn't hurt either.
Good answer Spock. Thinking about it, nut and neck profile are the factors which mostly lead me to pick up a guitar for playing on my couch. It is easier Learning something on guitars I find most playable. So long as it doesn't sound like a complete dog, in which case I would move it on no matter what.
Alan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to the club slickman 3 1,368 03-03-2020, 06:35 AM
Last Post: slickman