New member / legit question
Hi everyone. Tom here in South Jersey. So, I'm interested in opinions. First, I will say that I own an Eastman ESS10, 2nd owner via Reverb. I found this forum awhile back as my guitar had developed a curious metallic "ping" on the B string which frankly was making me nuts. Not at all unplayable and player friends of mine either did or did not notice it. I like that guitar so much that I sold the second guitar I ever bought, a Taylor, with no regrets.

But onto the actual question. I have an SB59v on order from a shop in VA. I have no obligation to buy it and can get my very small deposit back with no problem. I put the deposit down in August with the understanding that it would most likely be early '22 before I would have the chance to check it out in person. Anyone not currently living in a cave already understands the supply chain nightmare. Compounding this was the sudden urge for everyone to start playing guitar in April last year. Bye bye inventory.

Now as I've observed the parking lot of ships off every port I've got to thinking (overthinking) do I really want a guitar that's been baking in a shipping container off the California coast for weeks and then sitting on the dock for a few more waiting for a truck?

What do you think? Would you still be interested or wait until '23 or later to get one that moved along relatively quickly from the Eastman shop?

Thanks
I've received recent Eastman shipments and haven't had any issues.
Pura Vida likes this post
Daddy you're overthinking , which I have a tendency to do also .
Eastman's come with a good warranty so no need to worry .
I do understand the sitting in a container worry , I do it when they sit in a delivery truck in the summertime. Luckily out of 40 guitars or maybe more lol I actually don't know I've never had a problem . Your 59 is going to be something special . I have a standard sb59 and sold a handful of Gibson Les Paul's because of it . I think handmade with little machine work that's going onto them has me hooked .
Good luck
Lukew likes this post
Thank you for the responses. My concern was not at all the lead time to receive the guitar. It was more the extra time baking in the sun/ shipping container aspect. I'm pretty sure Eastman is not shipping air freight but who knows.

I'm curious Thedman, is your Eastman relationship as a consumer or retailer?
Welcome, BMD!  I agree with Thedman's response (he's an Eastman dealer; see your question above).  The guitars are inside of several layers (case, box, layered pallet) and then channel through Eastman's Pomona HQ for final inspection, so I think the risk is quite low.

As for the ping on your E10SS, pay attention to when it happens.  If it's open strings only, it could be the nut slot.  If it's only below certain frets, it could be an uneven fret (possibly a result of improper humidification or requiring a fret level).  And if it happens on all frets, then it could be an issue at the saddle (or maybe the string isn't seated properly).
blind_radish likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
The only thing you have to worry about, is whether the ship sinks before it docks and unloads the cargo.  The guitar will be fine.