New member: My E20OM-TC
I purchased a E20OM-TC  from The Acoustic Shoppe back last November when they had their big sale. I never considered Eastman because I thought they couldn't be good quality since I erroneously assumed they were a Chinese knock-off brand. I was severely mistaken. This guitar resonates like crazy and I'm very pleased with it. Go with the thermo-cured version its worth the extra money!  I tried attaching a pic but the site doesn't accept the native heic format my phone uses.  Oh, and they didnt skimp on the guitar case either. Nicest case I've had in 40 years.

I play primarily fingerstyle instrumentals and Im using this as my main performance guitar.
I live in the Washington D.C. area.

-Mar
The E20 is a great guitar; we can quibble about whether the TC version is the best way to go.  Big Grin  Anyway, welcome to the EGF and hope your stay here is long and fruitful.

I assume you have an Apple iPhone since you say the phone uses an 'heic' tag on photos. Are you Mac-based from a computer standpoint? If you are, then taking the heic files into iPhoto on your computer will automatically convert them to .jpg or .jpeg format so can upload photos here. If you're instead WIndows based, there's a free online converter at https://heictojpg.com
AlanSam likes this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
(09-18-2023, 12:26 PM)sleigh Wrote: Hi. No Ive never owned an Apple iPhone. Its an Android and Android phones (Samsung) always store picture files in .heic format.  Ill try the converter, thanks.

The E20 is a great guitar; we can quibble about whether the TC version is the best way to go.  Big Grin  Anyway, welcome to the EGF and hope your stay here is long and fruitful.

I assume you have an Apple iPhone since you say the phone uses an 'heic' tag on photos. Are you Mac-based from a computer standpoint? If you are, then taking the heic files into iPhoto on your computer will automatically convert them to .jpg or .jpeg format so can upload photos here. If you're instead WIndows based, there's a free online converter at https://heictojpg.com
Fingers -- hope the conversion program worked for you. Apple iPhones, FWIW, also use .heic as their default. You may already know this, but I didn't until I looked it up, .heic re refers to "High Efficiency Image File Format" (there's also a .heif version). However, this isn't a file that most internet sites will accept (EGF being one of those). But a .heic photo is about half the size of an equivalent JPEG file of the same quality. So eventually sites will likely adopt .heic in order to save space. Maybe.  Big Grin
AlanSam likes this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
Hey Mar - welcome to the forum, and congrats on discovering Eastman!

If you click the black 'i' on the reply toolbar (to the right of the smile emoji) - you should be able to upload in HEIC format from your iphone (it uses imgur as a third party to auto upload your photo).  Give it a shot!
AlanSam likes this post
(09-20-2023, 06:31 AM)sleigh Wrote: Ok, finally. Here is my E20OM. I play fingerstyle instrumentals exclusively so I installed a L.R. Baggs M80 pickup.

-Mark

Fingers -- hope the conversion program worked for you. Apple iPhones, FWIW, also use .heic as their default. You may already know this, but I didn't until I looked it up, .heic re refers to "High Efficiency Image File Format" (there's also a .heif version). However, this isn't a file that most internet sites will accept (EGF being one of those). But a .heic photo is about half the size of an equivalent JPEG file of the same quality. So eventually sites will likely adopt .heic in order to save space. Maybe.  Big Grin

Attached Files