Hello everyone , 

I’m new to the forum . I’ve just bought a T486 SB , and I’m totally blown away by how good it is ... I’ve had many from the high end USA manufacturers over the years , and would honestly put this up there among them ..infact , better than some from their “ custom shops”... I’m trying  to work out year of manufacture - without much success - the serial number is 15850515...ant helps would be much appreciated . Thanks ,
Barry
eastmanschool likes this post
Eastman's serial numbers lack two things - rhyme and reason. If you find anything out, please do let us know. Oh - and welcome! Also a pic of your guitar would be good.
Pura Vida and eastmanschool like this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Hi Alan ,

thanks for your reply . Yes - I’m beginning to realise that there doesn’t seem to be any logical sequences etc from what I’ve read .. not to worry - I still love this guitar .. just would’ve been nice to find out a bit more about it .. If I dofind out any info , I’ll certainly let you know .photo of guitar attached .
eastmanschool and Pura Vida like this post

Attached Files

Yes - she's a beauty!
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
That's a lovely burst and a fantastic figured back!
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
Hi , thanks . It is isn’t it ? .. I’m really liking this guitar .. it plays better than most of the Gibson custom shop guitars I’ve had .
Nice guitar and glad you like it.  

If you email Eastman, they should be able to tell you the year of manufacture.
(06-01-2021, 05:05 AM)Lukew Wrote: Nice guitar and glad you like it.  

If you email Eastman, they should be able to tell you the year of manufacture.

I did and they reply promptly.
@justacityboy, that's a beauty. You will get many hours of satisfaction playing this fine instrument. I have a T486 which continues to amaze me with it's ease of play (1 3/4" nut) and sounds which seem to sustain forever.