I just found this place when someone on the Facebook Eastman owners group mentioned. My first Eastman was  184MX, and I fell in love. It's such a fine guitar, I had to have more, so I picked up a mahogany/Adirondack OM that I use as a stage guitar with a Baggs M-80 in it, then a Pisano, then, just last week I got one of the new SB-59s. I don't know how many pictures I can post, so here goes...
[Image: VF0Ix96l.jpg][Image: t8IDX78l.jpg][Image: xf2837Al.jpg]

Tim, welcome to the EGF.  The forum is only a litter over two months old and is developing nicely.  Meathead (Tim Shaw) did his homework when putting this together.  So good to have new members like yourself with elec and acoustic experience.

Like a snowball rolling down the side of a hill, it's growing.  - Smokey Robinson

Keep them cards and letters coming.  bert
Welcome, Tim! I've tried to mention the EGF, where I can, so new members like yourself can find us. I saw your FB posts on your SB59. Congrats, again! Looking forward to your participation around here.

And yes, what Bert said. Meathead (Tim Shaw) did a great job with creating a dedicated Eastman forum. It's been like a combined Thanksgiving and Christmas for Eastman guitar players! :)
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
+1 on all the above. Don't forget to review them. Reviews help us all make informed, intelligent decisions that help hopefully minimize the visual guitar lust. Unless of course that natural blonde, perfect burst, or worse a deep antique violin makes us throw out intelligent decisions. :-)
Regards,

Gary
Hey Tim Farney - welcome to the forum! Glad you joined. You have an incredible Eastman electric collection... very nice! Which model guitar is the one that is on the right? That violin finish is just amazing.
Nice guitars for sure. My V59 is by far the best I have ever owned. Congratulations on some fine instruments.
E10ss/v 02/23/23
SB55DC/v 03/15/23
(12-07-2017, 04:18 PM)Tim Farney Wrote: I just found this place when someone on the Facebook Eastman owners group mentioned. My first Eastman was  184MX, and I fell in love. It's such a fine guitar, I had to have more, so I picked up a mahogany/Adirondack OM that I use as a stage guitar with a Baggs M-80 in it, then a Pisano, then, just last week I got one of the new SB-59s. I don't know how many pictures I can post, so here goes...

I would definitely enjoy your review of the Pisano. I have been interested in the Gibson L4 with Mahogany body and wonder which Eastman might be similar.
Garcon
(12-19-2017, 08:47 PM)“Garcon Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 04:18 PM)Tim Farney Wrote: I just found this place when someone on the Facebook Eastman owners group mentioned. My first Eastman was  184MX, and I fell in love. It's such a fine guitar, I had to have more, so I picked up a mahogany/Adirondack OM that I use as a stage guitar with a Baggs M-80 in it, then a Pisano, then, just last week I got one of the new SB-59s. I don't know how many pictures I can post, so here goes...

I would definitely enjoy your review of the Pisano. I have been interested in the Gibson L4 with Mahogany body and wonder which Eastman might be similar.
(01-05-2018, 08:24 PM)OTim Farney Wrote:
(12-19-2017, 08:47 PM)“Garcon Wrote:

Garçon - I traded the Pisano on the SB59. It was a beautiful instrument, structurally more a thin line ES175, but really elegantly and expertly executed way beyond the 175 level. But a) I don’t play Jazz, and b) I didn’t like the Armstrong pickups. The neck was muddy, the bridge was thin. I could get a good toneby opening up the neck, then bringing up the bridge until I got enough clarity. It’s a guitar that would really benefit from a pickup upgrade. The Duncan 59s in my 184 and SB59 are excellent. Warm and fat with a nice chime on top.