New T64/V
Hey everyone, After buying an AR810CE-CS and being so pleased with it I pulled the trigger on a T64/V afew days ago.
THere is no music shop anywhere near my home so I bought this over the phone without seing it. THe dealer is a great guy and I was very comfortable with the deal. TH guitar got here yesterday and, its a great player and avery good instrument but I am unsure about a couple things. One one side of the neck the binding material is quite wavey, everywere else on the guitar it is fine.
But I am not sure about the neck joint. Becaus I am not sure if this is just the "aging" proces or if there is something unusual there I am posting a couple pics for you to look at and tell me what you think ????

It may very well be just fine, And I am still thinking only good things about EAstman, actually have two more guitars on order :-)
YOur opinion please !

Attached Files

I haven't seen that before, but maybe others can chime in with more experience.  I'd suggest taking it to a local luthier for a second opinion, and if you're uncomfortable with it (even if it's not a structural issue), now would be the time to discuss it with the seller.  Perhaps they can get another one and make an exchange.  How do you like the guitar otherwise?
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(11-20-2020, 12:36 PM)henaton Wrote: I have a T59-V and it also has some wavy looking binding on the neck about the same place as yours.  Its never really bothered me and I've just put it down to being handmade. 

I will say that the neck join on my guitar is much much cleaner looking, if your unsure then probably best to see if you can return and try another (as much of a pain that is) 
Pura Vida likes this post
I checked my T64. It has a bit of waviness on some areas of the binding too. I never noticed it until now. Yours has much more, but I don't think it has any structural consequences.
Eastman T64
Eastman SB59GB/V
Eastman Romeo
Thanks poeple, I am really renjoying the guitar other than those details. I only wanted some opinions but the guitar is actully very nice and a lot of fun to play.
So, case closed !
Pura Vida likes this post