New OM has me obsessed.
I have been playing my new E1OM so much the other guitars are being neglected. This guitar sounds so good and is so much fun I just can`t stop playing it. 95% of the time it`s the one I grab. Have it tuned double dropped D.
sleigh, DonJmmn, SneakyDeaky, Pura Vida like this post

Attached Files

Takemine Ef340SCNG (japan)
Eastman E1OM classic finish
Eastman E1D natural finish
Recording King RDS-9-12
Taylor 310 USA owned for 10 years (Sold)
PRS Parlor (Returned)
Kai KTI 700 tenor Ukulele
Alvarez baritone Ukulele
Carvin LB75 Koa bass
Sho-Bud Professional Steel
8 electrics - Fender, Carvin and a custom tele and strat I built 
It's a healthy obsession.

Better than watching TV all day and nice guitars are less expensive than some hobbies nowadays.

Congratulations on the new OM!
================================
Always do the easy and cheap thing first.
================================
Same for me with my E6OM TC. Between that and my classical guitar the others don't get a look in!

It's cool to see people enjoying the "low end" E1 models. When I started playing in the early 2000s I would have bit your hand off for a full solid wood guitar at that value. 

A couple of weeks ago right before I bought my 10SS there was an ex demo E1D for sale on Reverb for £370. I nearly bought it about ten times that day but it wasn't what I really wanted. It went that night and it had the "make an offer" option, so I would like to think whoever bought it got it for around £350, and that is a hell of a lot of guitar at that value!
Yes, those "low end" guitars really aren't low end.  It's the open pore finish and choice of Sapele for tone wood that enables them to keep the price down, and it's a brilliant strategy b/c it blows away other guitars at the same price point.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(05-15-2022, 08:26 AM)SneakyDeaky Wrote: It's cool to see people enjoying the "low end" E1 models. When I started playing in the early 2000s I would have bit your hand off for a full solid wood guitar at that value. 

A couple of weeks ago right before I bought my 10SS there was an ex demo E1D for sale on Reverb for £370. I nearly bought it about ten times that day but it wasn't what I really wanted. It went that night and it had the "make an offer" option, so I would like to think whoever bought it got it for around £350, and that is a hell of a lot of guitar at that value!
I never cared to pay for all the extra fancy bindings inlays and bling. I played many that didn`t live up to the extra cost. If the guitar is solid woods that I like spruce or cedar w/sapele and built with the same quality that is all that matters to me. Maybe less fancy but, Low End? I don`t see it that way with these Eastman`s.
Takemine Ef340SCNG (japan)
Eastman E1OM classic finish
Eastman E1D natural finish
Recording King RDS-9-12
Taylor 310 USA owned for 10 years (Sold)
PRS Parlor (Returned)
Kai KTI 700 tenor Ukulele
Alvarez baritone Ukulele
Carvin LB75 Koa bass
Sho-Bud Professional Steel
8 electrics - Fender, Carvin and a custom tele and strat I built 
Looks great! Congratulations and continue to love playing the guitar!
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
I really dig that finish on your OM!  Congrats!
Treenewt,

2018 Larrivee OM-03
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2019 Eastman E2D-CD

The Wading Pool 

(05-14-2022, 02:48 PM)maxoom Wrote: I have been playing my new E1OM so much the other guitars are being neglected. This guitar sounds so good and is so much fun I just can`t stop playing it. 95% of the time it`s the one I grab. Have it tuned double dropped D.

Congrats, that's a beautiful sapele back. I like the E1 models. I played an E1D with classic finish here in Oklahoma recently. I don't think I've seen any E1OMs with the classic finish online so unique snag.
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2023 Eastman E2D