Need help returning an E6D-tc on reverb
I recently bought an E6D-tc off of reverb that was advertised as mint: https://reverb.com/item/63120018-eastman...ini-pickup

It arrived Wednesday with a badly cracked bridge (see pics below--it goes all the way through from the top of the bridge to the soundboard).  After referencing the seller's reverb pics, it can be verified that the crack was there prior to shipping, and the seller agreed.  However, the seller is being defensive and refusing to take responsibility because he says the damage happened before he bought it and resold it to me.  Yes you read that correctly.  

I bent over backwards trying to be kind to the guy (even just preemptively chalking it up to an accidental overlook), but he's not reciprocating, and after refusing to pay for the repair or offer a partial refund, he's just being snarky and unhelpful.  It's such a disappointing situation.  I can't believe he's taking the attitude of "it's not my fault it's badly damaged, it was like that when i bought it from The Fret Shop" with regard to a guitar that he then advertised and resold as "mint."  When mistakes happen, you're supposed to own up to them and take responsibility; if you don't, it makes me wonder whether it was ever just an 'accidental mistake' in the first place.

So now I'm trying to do a return for a full refund.  I've already requested it, and the seller has already agreed to it, but my problem is this: where do I find the shipping label that the SELLER should be paying for?  All I see is an option for me to purchase a return shipping label through reverb.  But it's entirely the fault of the seller, so why would I purchase the shipping label?  Shouldn't he provide it?  And if so, where do I find it?  I had presumed one would be emailed to me or would be downloadable through my account.

If I'm the one being forced to pay for the return shipping label upfront, how will I be reimbursed?  I can't get that answer from reverb, because they don't have phone support and their chat support is an AI that doesn't understand what I'm asking.

Can someone here please help me out and educate me on this?

Attached Files
.jpg
File size: 118.1 KB
Downloads: 39
.jpg
File size: 68.92 KB
Downloads: 45
.jpg
File size: 226.36 KB
Downloads: 53
.jpg
File size: 98.04 KB
Downloads: 49
.jpg
File size: 233.5 KB
Downloads: 45
.jpg
File size: 128.49 KB
Downloads: 50

I think you need to ask these questions to Reverb and hopefully all discussions up to this point have taken place within the portal, so Reverb can review them.  It needs to be clear that the reason for the return is b/c the condition didn't match the reality, and not simply b/c you decided to return it.  The former would shift the burden to the seller for shipping costs, while the latter might fall on you.

Be very clear in your stated reason for return that the guitar condition did not match what was sold.  Selling a guitar with known damage, but listing it as Mint, is misleading, and I would expect Reverb would have your back and take care of the return shipping details.

This is Reverb's definition of "Mint."  
"Mint items are in essentially new original condition but have been opened or played."
Winfielder, sleigh, TomC like this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Winfielder -- a cracked bridge definitely doesn't qualify for the guitar being in "mint" condition. Ever. I'd go back and look at the seller's ad on Reverb and see if the photos show that bridge crack, or if they deliberately neglected to show it. It's rather obvious in your photos and looks like it's been re-glued back in place. In case you haven't already looked, here's the page on Reverb about buyer returns: https://help.reverb.com/hc/en-us/article...uyers#What

As long as you promptly reported the issue to both the seller and Reverb, you shouldn't be responsible for paying for return shipping, at least according to Reverb. Good luck, and sorry this happened to you.
Winfielder and TomC like this post
Work through Reverb. All communications go through Reverb. From what I have read, it may take some patience but will get resolved. What was written above is dead on.

FYI - these are great guitars and don’t give up because of one bad seller. If you are still interested in the E6D Alpine, reach out to me. I have one I probably will be selling
Winfielder likes this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
(12-09-2022, 01:47 PM)Winfielder Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 12:17 PM)sleigh Wrote: Winfielder -- a cracked bridge definitely doesn't qualify for the guitar being in "mint" condition. Ever. I'd go back and look at the seller's ad on Reverb and see if the photos show that bridge crack, or if they deliberately neglected to show it. It's rather obvious in your photos and looks like it's been re-glued back in place. In case you haven't already looked, here's the page on Reverb about buyer returns: https://help.reverb.com/hc/en-us/article...uyers#What

As long as you promptly reported the issue to both the seller and Reverb, you shouldn't be responsible for paying for return shipping, at least according to Reverb. Good luck, and sorry this happened to you.

How do I report it to reverb?  Where is the link?  

I read through the page you linked several times before I started this thread.  It unfortunately doesn't answer my questions, and it doesn't link to anything but an AI chatbot.  When you click the "Contact Support" button at the bottom of the article, it doesn't take you to support, it takes you to a big product page with bazillions of product listings and an AI chatbot that pops up in the corner.  It's as if they removed the contact page and all ability to contact them.  

This whole thread essentially boils down to this: how do I actually contact reverb support?  I can't find any way to message them or open up a dialog.  I don't remember ever having this problem in the past, but now I'm coming up empty everywhere I look.  It's incredibly frustrating.

(12-09-2022, 12:06 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: I think you need to ask these questions to Reverb 

How?  

I have done that in the past, but now I cannot find any link/button/route to communicate to/with reverb about this.  They're just dead ends or they lead to the AI.  

In the past it seemed like there was a button that allowed me to open a claim or communicate with an actual reverb customer service person.  Can you tell me how to do that now?  The only options I can find are 1) message seller and 2) talk to the AI chatbot.   

Winfielder  - so frustrating!!! Long shot, but see if there is another, different  link to Reverb on Google or other browser.
Winfielder likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
I was finally able to get through to an actual person.  The procedure was this:

1) engage the AI chatbot

2) keep answering its questions until it gives up and summons a human

Here is what the human told me is the process for returning an item that was not as described:

1) repackage the item in the original box; 
2) measure the dimensions and weight of the box;
3) message the seller and tell him those dimensions and the weight;
4) ask the seller to generate a shipping label and email it to me.

It would have been nice if that 4-step process had simply been listed on the Help/Refunds page, but instead they say this, which is insufficient:
 What are the steps of getting a refund/return started?
  • Gather documentation (e.g. photos, video) of any issues once they are encountered and message the seller on Reverb with that information.
  • Request a refund on the order.
  • Allow the seller 24-48 hours to respond to this request.
  • Once approved, ship the item back to the seller (unless a partial refund or other arrangements were discussed).
  • Once the item is back in the seller's possession, your refund should be initiated in 48 hours.

Anyway, problem solved.  Thanks to everyone who posted and tried to help, it was appreciated!
Pura Vida, AlanSam, TomC like this post