NPGD - kind of
In the past I have been critical of Eastman on two main points - tuning machines and pickguards. Well I should also give credit where credit is due. I recently picked up a 2021 AC522CE. This is the redesigned model with armrest and sound port. The tuners are Gotoh SG301 and they are smoooooth. But the purpose of this post is to point out the guard. It is of high quality material with an excellent pattern. It came polished and best of all with polished radiused edges. Kudos to Eastman!!

More on the AC522CE-GB in a later post.

[Image: pEebuXN.jpg]
sleigh, SneakyDeaky, Pura Vida, StrayMan, Shishigashira, vashondan like this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
Ohh! That's nice! I hope the E series gets this treatment as well.
Edit: see my reply below.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Your AC522CE pick guard is a real step up, Tom.   Beautiful!

I look forward to seeing/hearing more about your new purchase, as the 522 is still on my radar.

Rod
I was traveling and didn't get a chance to look closely at my guard.  Upon initial inspection, I thought it was an improvement, but heavily scratched.  Well, it turns out both of my initial observations were incorrect, LOL.  The plastic was still on the guard, so the scratches peeled right off (good news!).  But it's the same as my other recent guards, where it's nice, but thick edged, so it may still need to get replaced.

[Image: g1UN3uh.jpg]
SasquatchLife and sleigh like this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
I always take the pickguard off my guitars!!
I don’t like them and don’t really need them.
I don’t hit the wood much!
It’s pretty easy to do and I like the look a lot better without the pickguard.
Eastman
2016 E40d
2021 E6D-TC Alpine Swiss top
Martin
2003 D41 Special
2003 D18
1998 SPD-16R
1970 0018
Gibson
2016 J-15
1965 J-50 ADJ
Laravie
1991 Larivee C-09
Taylor
2000 810B LOTF
2000 410MACE LOTF
2000 310kce LOTF

11 Alvarez Yairi

Many many others

FWIW (not much): I need a pickguard because I can be an aggressive strummer and I'd definitely damage the wood. But I can't say that I'd notice the difference between a radiused edge and a blunt one (though nicely polished and smooth edges look better).
Pura Vida likes this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What kind of discounts can you expect from published prices? Shishigashira 20 7,649 12-29-2020, 11:40 AM
Last Post: cjhorne
  Kind of Torn - E20D-TC VS 2019 E8D goodry 14 4,613 09-13-2020, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Pura Vida