NGD T486/classic
Way, way back pre-covid, January 2020, I was moving into playing Jazz and the blues, it would be a good idea to have a jazz guitar. My only requirements when deciding on a new guitar were: 1 ¾” nut, semi hollow and not too expensive. That alone reduced the market choice by 80%. I was lucky enough to be able to play one at a local jam in February. After procrastinating for a few months, I ordered the  Eastman T486 at the end of May, because it checked all the boxes for me. After a nine month wait, the guitar arrived on Saturday and it is just gorgeous. Flame maple body and neck, ebony fretboard, bone nut, beautiful bindings and a gleaming Nitrocellulose finish.(Note: the photo appears to show some blemishes but they are reflections. The finish is perfect). Once home, I lowered the action a bit and slight adjustment to the intonation. The sounds are amazing with sustain just seems to go on and on. The Semour Duncan pickups are great. The jazz pickup on the neck gives the bluesy tones while the ’59 at the bridge will allow you to crank out some rock. The wider neck is a pleasure to play and gives me that tiny bit of extra room.This guitar is very difficult to put down, even as it hangs in the stand, my eyes are drawn to its beauty. I am very pleased with this guitar and I’m sure that it will be around for a while. At our house we have a one-in-one-out rule, so The PRS Santana goes to my Grandson. This leaves me with one electric, one acoustic six string and one acoustic 12 string. My Granddaughter has the classical.

Henk [Image: 1568684014_T486classic.thumb.jpeg.dcbbef...071fe.jpeg]
AlanSam and Pura Vida like this post
A belated congrats, oldjock!  The T486 is a classic style with a big sound.  Play it in good health.
Oldjock likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young