NGD - T186MX
So I am finally an Eastman owner with the purchase of a T186MX from Fuller Guitars in Houston. I can't believe how amazing the quality of this instrument is.

[Image: PvXJ4e0.jpg]
[Image: dgNIb9N.jpg]
[Image: osNSRDl.jpg]
[Image: mAnCBO8.jpg]
[Image: sVFyVZq.jpg]
[Image: lby5oHq.jpg]

The 2 previous best guitars in my arsenal are a Fender Baja Telecaster and a Yamaha LL16D acoustic. This is on a completely higher plane than those 2 (which I also love). 

I'm 6'3" and the scale of my Tele gets cramped as I move up the neck. I absolutely LOVE the geometry of this neck  - there is nowhere on the neck where I feel I am running out of real estate.

The Bareknuckle pickups sound awesome, but I haven't really had a lot of time experimenting with different tones yet.

The binding is solid wood and not plastic. The only "finish" issues I see is that the f-holes look like they have some very small areas where stain got on the white. I'll try to grab a pic of that later.

To say I am on cloud 9 with this guitar is an understatement.
Pura Vida, Wildfield, AlanSam, Oldjock like this post
Awesome!  Congrats on the T186MX.   I've had a T185MX for about five years, but have been playing mostly acoustic since then.  One of my goals for 2023 is to get back into playing electric.  What year is this guitar (is it new or used)?  My T185MX is a 2016, shortly after they switched from KA to SD59 (and gold to chrome hardware), and now they have the BN pickups.

Also, love the flame on that top!  Smile
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Congrats on the acquisition, lgherb! A lovely-looking electric!
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
(01-16-2023, 03:07 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: Awesome!  Congrats on the T186MX.   I've had a T185MX for about five years, but have been playing mostly acoustic since then.  One of my goals for 2023 is to get back into playing electric.  What year is this guitar (is it new or used)?  My T185MX is a 2016, shortly after they switched from KA to SD59 (and gold to chrome hardware), and now they have the BN pickups.

Also, love the flame on that top!  Smile 

It's a new 2022 with Bareknuckle pickups.
Pura Vida likes this post
Gorgeous photographs!  Congratulations!  Hope you are enjoying your new axe!  Amazing quality especially for the price.
Glorious presentation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  “Vintage” T186MX Bdogg82 7 4,018 03-25-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: paule1970
  Cool T186MX RussB 0 1,024 09-11-2019, 07:05 PM
Last Post: RussB
  T186MX-CS nopicknick 11 6,236 02-11-2019, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Bert