NGD - SB55/v
This is getting a little ridiculous and no I am not a dealer Smile. Just got the long awaited SB55/v LP Jr. Its amazing, big ole hunky neck just the way I like them. This one is 6.6 lbs so very resonant. Kicks the crap out of the G branded version of this.
candidsounds, Jeff_G, Pura Vida, NoiseFloor, RomanS, Nik the Greek, Jure like this post

Attached Files

Quite a collection!
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Been wanting to try one of those, but no luck so far. Where did you find yours? Beautiful guitar to say the least.
E10ss/v 02/23/23
SB55DC/v 03/15/23
Wow!  Congrats on the SB55/v.  You're the first person I've seen who's landed one of these guitars.  You've got a great Eastman electric collection.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
That's beautiful...a great collection of guitars.  Some freakin' great amps, too.
Eastman Flame Red T486, Eastman Amber SB59/V, Gibson Tobacco Burst Midtown Custom, Fender Magnificent 7 Tele, Fender Buttercream Roadhouse Strat, Epiphone Cherryburst ES339 Pro w/ P90s, Nickerson Brazilian/Adi FC3, Nickerson Cocobolo/Redwood FC3
@slickman This is my ultimate Eastman dream collection!!!

I'm plucking up the courage to push the button an an SB59. The gold bursts look amazing, but I'm torn between antique varnish or new shiny nitro. How do you find them? One major thing that worries me is the relic-ed finish. Most of the examples I've seen on line look really subtle, but I have a worry that I'll get one that they've worked on after a stressful day at the factory and it will be over-done!

Talking to my local dealer (Peach guitars in Colchester) I believe that it is possible to special order without the relic-ing - admittedly it will be on a long delivery period, but as I really like the duller finish it might be worth the wait. I also like the aged hardware too.

I have a split decision on the pickups. I have a Chapman ML-2 Classic goldtop which has the SD 59's which are great, but I'm more tempted by the Lollar equipped V.

It's really difficult buying a guitar sight unseen and un-played. There are variations in the flame tops which ordinarily I would like to chose the one that I liked the best, but if they don't have the models that I'm interested in at my local dealer it's a trek to visit others. It looks like I'll have to go on the basis of the glowing reviews!

Any thoughts, comments or observations would be gratefully accepted.

... just spotted the Ibanez DFL - a classic, wish I still had mine!
It might be worth checking out Project Music - they have an SB59/v GB in stock, and an ex display S59 GB (not relicd) in stock. I have done business with them before and they are a class act. They would probably be prepared to take some pics of the guitars for you. Not sure what their returns policy is.
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Yep - I'd spotted those little beauties! They seem to have a good range of models. Funds are a bit tight at the moment, so I'd need to purchase through a 24 month 0% finance deal. Unfortunately they only offer 12 months Sick . I know Peach currently have a 24 month option, that said, the ex-display is a good price!
AlanSam likes this post
Top shelf amps , and eastman's are high-end guitars .
I've been telling people don't buy a Eastman because it's cheaper then Gibson , buy them because there pretty much better in most cases .
candidsounds and Pura Vida like this post
not much of an Electric Player, just Play my Tokai Springy Sound Strat from 1982 every now and then. 

just seen the latest review of the SB55v online:

Eastman SB55/v review - An inspired Junior lookalike or cynical copy? The devil is all in the detail…

Our VerdictThe SB55/v nails the vibe of the Junior. Resist the urge to compare and contrast with its illustrious muse and you'll find a superbly built single-cut that similarly makes the most of a simple setup and offers great value.
For
  1. Authentic looks and feel.
  2. Perfect weight.
  3. Great intonation and playability.
  4. Wide ranging sounds from just the simple setup.
  5. Affordable boutique style.
Against
  1. No lefties.
  2. Just the one colour (although it’s very good).
  3. To some, it might just be too close to the original.
Arrow https://www.guitarworld.com/reviews/east...55v-review

cheers
Mitch
„I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things“ Tom Waits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eastman SB55 G Man 2 1,239 06-21-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: sleigh
  SB55/V SB Nik the Greek 8 4,193 02-06-2023, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Pura Vida