NGD Eastman El Rey 4.. Video @ post#14
Cool art shot of the cutaway.

Strung with flatwounds?
Tim, the pickup is a fixed (into the body) Kent Armstrong HPAG-1G, humbucker based on the 57' Gibson PAF (patent applied for) legendary pup.   My 2006 AR805ce has the old version of the current floating KA HJGS6 humbucker pickup.   Different is good, not sure which I like better at this point, both great, been playing them back/forth today.

The spruce top is thicker than normal to give strength for the sound ports, playing acoustically it is noticeable but not a big distractron with the sound ports, plugged-in the acoustic vibe comes through in spades. 

(edit to add... ER4 top thickness = .224" vs AR805ce .128" per my caliphers)

es, the strings are D'Addario NYXL 12-52, Eastman's go-to these days.  I'm on my 2nd set of the NYXL on the AR805ce, very good.  I had tried D'ad  half-rounds on the 805 but a tad dull vs NYXL.

This note is the longest period of time I've not had my hands on the El Rey.  bu bye
Congratulations Bert, keep on rocking.
Little El Rey 4 elevator music... demo

https://vimeo.com/283758568

Recording chain- - - ->

ER4 out >>  Baggs Para DI >>  JHS Morning Glory  >> Yamaha AG06 interface, headphones out >> Canon Vixia HFR800 audio input (bypass cam mic).... no reverb or post effects.  Tiny bit of drive from the JHS.  edit... just realize I had the tone control know on 7, thought it was on 3.... little deep sounding.    

[Image: T5PUEms.jpg]
Great tone, Bert!!  The El Rey sounds fantastic.  I am realizing that this may be a guitar I need in my future  Cool

I assume that the weight of the guitar is very light given it is hollow - correct?
Thanks Tim, the ER4 is just amazing and I'm just beginning.  It kinda, sorta reminds me of the Ed Roman guitar than Lindsey Buckingham played with Fleetwood Mac all those years.  ER4 is an archtop with strong hybrid leanings towards the thinlines.  The KA HPAG pickup is absolutely perfect for my vibe, couldn't have dreamed of such a complete package in an electric.

No way to weigh, estimate it's tiny heavier than my AR805ce, but much less than the solid bodies, balance from top/bottom in the lap is tremendous.  Btw, it is fab for fingerstyle, I tucked the BlueChip TD45 and used a short E/e thing going down the board in the intro... warm and clear.   Blending notes into harmonics up the neck is magic on this git, not so on many.

You definitely need one.  bert
Sounds as good as it looks.  And interesting comparison to Buckingham's guitar... although his guitar seems a little smaller, it seems there are quite a few similarities.
Bert, the more I read and learn about the ER4, the more I like it and desire one... 

Found this video - sweet tone:

Thanks Tim, I had not seen that vid.  ER4 is perfect for fingerstyle or pick.  This Fellowship of Acoustics recording was made using a pair of top notch mics & Twin Rev, plus a top notch fingerstyle player.  My rec was made with my BlueChip TD45 going direct from the ER4 pickup thru eq/drive to the Canon cam, both get the job done with good results.  I need some more time to dial-in the eq/setup, but that's the fun.

After 5 days with the ER4, I believe it to be a world class elec guitar and not too shabby for playing unplugged.  The thickness of the spruce top is the tradeoff for acoustic only but on the other hand, plugged in... I've finally found the perfect guitar for my vibe.  Very satisfying to have found this piece of Eastman magic.  bert
Your new guitar sounds wonderful!  Thx for posting the video!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eastman AR805ce (video added post #8) Bert 20 5,818 05-28-2018, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Bert