NGD - Eastman E1D-TC? Review
Wow, what a great review!  Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and observations.  I love that your guitar search worked out so well Smile

Another feature of the E1D that stands out to me is how loud and rich the harmonics are.  If you lay a finger across the 12th fret and rake the strings, those harmonics are louder on my E1D-CLA-tc than they are on any of my other guitars.  Almost like the guitar is part wood, part crystal.
(07-07-2023, 09:31 AM)Winfielder Wrote: Wow, what a great review!  Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and observations.  I love that your guitar search worked out so well Smile

Another feature of the E1D that stands out to me is how loud and rich the harmonics are.  If you lay a finger across the 12th fret and rake the strings, those harmonics are louder on my E1D-CLA-tc than they are on any of my other guitars.  Almost like the guitar is part wood, part crystal.

Ditto that...I know all this sounds ridiculous for a guitar at this price, another thing is you play that harmonic and it blossoms and hangs in the air for like 20 seconds.   I also hear this guitar when it's hanging on the wall and I'm playing lightly fingerstlye late at night on say another guitar, it can be heard reverberating on it's own. Quite sensitive for such a heavily built dread.  I think this guy does a good job recording it's tone pretty well. He's also a great player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1wYfk2VLBs&t=53s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP_KjiIBiBM
Quite agree Nobodeuno, impressive guitar. And good playing - sensitive melodic finger/plec picking passages interspersed with some big dread chords.
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Hi there, congrats on your new guitar. Your pictures and description line up with my (albeit limited) knowledge of Eastmans. And your top's overall hue is pretty much the same as mine, which I also suspect is a TC. Incidentally, when I wrote to Eastman about my top, they almost denied that it was a TC top, but said that some 'anomalies' do occur. 

They acknowledge that they are putting TC tops on their PCH line; why not acknowledge they are doing the same for the E1 line?

Anyway, great looking guitar. Enjoy...
Today I tried some Martin Lifespan 2.0 Phosphor Bronze light 12-54 on the E1D and they produce less brightness and more bass than the Daddario XT. Overall I like tone bit more now. To me these strings shift the E1D from sounding a little less like a Collings and more like a Martin. I am still blown away by the resonance and volume. This is one powerful dread.
(07-07-2023, 04:18 PM)jphenderson91 Wrote: Today I tried some Martin Lifespan 2.0 Phosphor Bronze light 12-54 on the E1D and they produce less brightness and more bass than the Daddario XT. Overall I like tone bit more now. To me these strings shift the E1D from sounding a little less like a Collings and more like a Martin. I am still blown away by the resonance and volume. This is one powerful dread.

That's hilarious. I was going to say put Martins on it, but held back, as string selection is a personal thing. Yeah, those Lifespans are great. They have a sweet clarity without the brashness.
(07-07-2023, 04:18 PM)jphenderson91 Wrote: Today I tried some Martin Lifespan 2.0 Phosphor Bronze light 12-54 on the E1D and they produce less brightness and more bass than the Daddario XT. Overall I like tone bit more now. To me these strings shift the E1D from sounding a little less like a Collings and more like a Martin. I am still blown away by the resonance and volume. This is one powerful dread.

I have not tried these yet...all my guitars are strung with PB Elixirs, I do find the same switching from D'Addario PB 12's. Elixir's for me just last months of playing and don't squeak as bad.  More of everything & way more bass with them, but those mids and treble still have that sapele zing especially playing single note lines.  This guitar is hugely so loud, but responsive. I played several E1D's and this 2021 really stood out.
AlanSam likes this post